PDA

View Full Version : Screaming Deal on HanWags at Lathrop and Sons

Smokepole
08-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Over at 24hourcampfire.com, Lathrop and sons has a banner ad for HanWags, Mountain Light GTX for if I remember correctly $238 (didn't have the patience to wait for the advertisement banner to appear again). I own a pair and love 'em, and I paid around $100 more for mine. They were recommended to me by Patrick, a man who's used some boots up. There's also another model on sale.

Lost Arra
08-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Smoke: is that stitched leather loop lacing system on the lower half of the boot seem to be durable?

I know they do it to save the weight of lacing hardware but every boot I've tried on with the stitched loops gives me the heebie jeebies envisioning a catastrophic tear when tugging on the laces or just getting stretched out over time especially when wet.

Smokepole
08-04-2009, 08:26 PM
They seem durable. I've had mine three-four years and only use them for 4-5 trips a year, so the jury's out as far as long-term wear.

BrooklynBen
08-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Sweet... that's at great opportunity for anyone looking for a new boot. Thanks for thinking of your Brothers Smokepole.

Smokepole
08-05-2009, 06:21 AM
You're welcome Ben. I should've added on the durability that I'm pretty sure Patricks's had his a while, hopefully he can chime in here.

Lost Arra
08-05-2009, 07:06 AM
I can't imagine Hanwag/Lathrop and Sons selling something that's not reliable. I've just always wondered about that type of lacing system.

Ksnake
08-13-2009, 06:49 PM
Smoke, did you get the silver package? Which might account for the extra $100.

http://lathropandsons.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/30/products_id/103

Smokepole
08-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Yeah, when I bought mine, they didn't have the "bronze" package as an option, their SOP was to have you trace your feet on paper and take a few photos, which I did, and sent 'em in.

Whereupon they promptly sent me the wrong size boot, LOL. Shoulda gone bronze, but it wasn't available.