PDA

View Full Version : Backcountry Hunters and Anglers Rendezvous

Patrick
08-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Hello everybody,

Just a note to tell you about the First Colorado Chapter Backcountry Hunters and Anglers (backcountryhunters.org) Rendezvous a few weeks ago. The event was near Durango CO and drew a gnarly assortment of backpack hunters and fishermen from around the region.

The BHA is an organization readers here might want to consider joining. As the name indicates, this is an organization dedicated to the well-being of the backcountry so many of us here on this Board cherish.

I'm happy to report that our own Sawtooth received an award at the event! I am personally aware of his tireless work on behalf of backcountry, most notably as regards the proposed Brown's Canyon Wilderness, and illegal OHV/ATV abuse on the public lands down in his beloved canyon country: Grape Creek, Brown's Canyon and Badger Creek. I've sent him photo and video evidence of same myself, in fact, and he gets it into the hands of the right authorities, with whom he has developed good working relationships. Good work, Paul, muchly deserved!

evanhill
08-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Congratulations Paul!

Did Paul also get the "Hayduke Award for Habitat Preservation", or is that off the record? That award is (of course) a supply of beer ample enough to keep track of highway mileage traveled for a single trip. Sadly, it isn't a microbrew.

Patrick
08-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Evan, as memory serves I believe he DID receive that one too...and all the beer was consumed on the spot!

Smokepole
08-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Paul got a beer award? Congratulations sawtooth, next time we go on an excursion, I'm drinking your beer for a change.

Sawtooth
08-07-2009, 01:27 PM
I shared my Hayduke Award with everyone present, Smoke. So no deal.

Jim N
08-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Sawtooth,

Thank you for your efforts! We are all very much in your debt.

Jim

Sawtooth
08-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks all for the kind words. :)

Smokepole
08-10-2009, 06:36 AM
Sawtooth,

Thank you for your efforts! We are all very much in your debt.

Jim

And if you've ever gone camping with him and brought beer, it'd be the other way around.

But you're right, good on ya' sawtooth.

Westy
09-10-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm happy to report that our own Sawtooth received an award at the event! I am personally aware of his tireless work on behalf of backcountry, most notably as regards the proposed Brown's Canyon Wilderness, and illegal OHV/ATV abuse on the public lands down in his beloved canyon country: Grape Creek, Brown's Canyon and Badger Creek.

Good on you Paul - congratulations. The award is fantastic, but I'd like to personally thank you for your advocacy of keeping Wilderness wild by encouraging and working towards taking on illegal abuse of public lands.