PDA

View Full Version : Loose Lock & Loads

gdw042
07-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Question for all:

I have a Marauder, and I have several Lock & Load pouches on the panel. Even after having threaded the sliders several different ways, I still find that they come loose on occasion.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, what did you do to fix it? I am considering using accessory cord to tie them in place, but that kinda defeats the purpose.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
GDW

one911emergency
07-21-2009, 07:14 PM
I have a L&L 2# and I haven't had this problem yet. I put it on the PALS under the lid of my XTL. I think one of the reasons it's stayed on so good is that it's stuffed to the gills with wet weather gear. I think the fact that it's maxed out on capacity really keeps a lot of tension on the 3-bars keeping the pocket from coming out of the PALS. I think another thing that helps is attaching the L&L before you fill it ensuring that the two sets of 3-bars on each end are as far from each other as possible. That way when you fill the pocket it adds tension pulling on the 3-bars. I will have to think of a more secure way to thread the 3-bars if the above doesn't work for you.

Mel
07-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Hey GDW, one thing that helps is to slide the 3-bar slider back and forth after you slide it under the PALS channel and flip it over the top. This is to make sure the webbing is flat, and not bunched up in the 3-bar slider. The 3-bar slider will then lay flat on the PALS channel. Also, the attachments are meant to be used on 4 channels of PALS across, with the 3-bar sliders in the outer channels (1 and 4). You don't want to use more than 4 channels across, as that will bunch up the fabric, and has no advantage. Hope this helps.

Mel

gdw042
07-25-2009, 01:37 AM
I'll give the slide back and forth thing a try. I can see that helping.

Thanks!!

GDW

AbnMedOps
07-26-2009, 05:59 PM
I wonder if a strip of double-sided velcro might be easier/cheaper/more versatile than the Three-Bar system, for the Lock & Load pockets?

AndyL
07-27-2009, 03:18 AM
I don't know quite how you are suggesting it would mount onto the pals.

I've threaded double sided velcro through some of the pals on the outside of my pack to put velcro name tapes on and the hook side was very grabby, I ended up having to slide it through using a table knife to cover the hook side. The lock'n load are much faster to put on/take off