PDA

View Full Version : How long do you keep your boots

chappy
07-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Just curious how long you keep you boots? My Army tan Belleville and Altima's are both getting over 3 years (maybe close to 4) and seem to be structually sound still (soles good, uppers intact. My biggest issue with them is their are getting to be almost Coyote brown. Haven't found a good way to clean them (the hot water and brush routine gets some but not most off it seems).

So, when do you DX your suede boots and I guess anybody got any good cleaning tips?

BTW, only got rid of one pair (my originals) after 3 years because they were a little worn and I couldn't get some dark stains out.

ryanusmc
07-16-2009, 09:23 PM
I bought a pair of Altama desert boots my junior year in high school so I could get used to running in them. I ran at least 20 miles a week on my own + wrestling practice, for a year and a half. Graduated early (December) to go to boot camp in jan. After BC, ITB, then security forces school I started to wear them again. After a few months at 8th&I I got sent to the fmf because of the wars. Spent the next 2 years as a good ole 0311 humping around in those altamas. Got out early on a med sep but kept running. Last month I did a 5 mile ruck run to retire them. So 7 years I think.

I bought a new pair of jungles two weeks ago for an up coming 10 mile road race.

Check out my face book page (Ryan Knuth) to see a pic of the boots last race, 10 miles with a 30lbs pack.

BuckarooMedic
07-17-2009, 06:18 AM
Since no cares how the boots look anymore, I get rid of them when they are no longer comfortable or they are unserviceable.

chappy
07-17-2009, 08:06 AM
Since no cares how the boots look anymore, I get rid of them when they are no longer comfortable or they are unserviceable.

I guess is the mental shift I haven't made yet. Of course the Altamas were issue when I deployed so they never were particular comfortable.

25C
07-17-2009, 10:27 AM
I have a pair of the Corcoran desert boots and they are extremely comfortable...feels like wearing tennis shoes and lots of support. I wear them unless I know I'm going to be in the field because my issue ones are comfortable enough for rucking and all. I will be taking them on deployment though and will replace them when I get back if they get jacked up too badly there.