PDA

View Full Version : 2009 NW Rondy WISH LIST?

Ed C
07-09-2009, 09:37 PM
What do people want to see that someone might have??

I would like to see Randy's 45 colt rifle. About 4 boxes of shells too please Randy.:D I can pack it in for you.

Bushcraft
07-09-2009, 10:51 PM
I want my new Kifaru pack to be here in time. Since I'm wishing, I wish it was here for this weekend's trip to Secret Lunker Lake over in the Wicked Steep range.

Someone else is going to have to wish for KevinB's meat on their plate.

evanhill
07-10-2009, 10:14 AM
Someone else is going to have to wish for KevinB's meat on their plate.

You have a way of turning a phrase that makes it seem as if you've spent extensive time on capitol hill. However, I'll walk right into your setup. KevinB, sausage please. Lots of it. I've got room in the bike trailer. We'll bring plenty of torts and pre-sliced cheese to go along with. Come to think of it, Randy and Tracy's stir fry was doggone good too. I'll pre-cook a batch of peppers and onions to go with the sausages and pack that in too.

snakey2
07-10-2009, 10:19 AM
If I have a decent estimate of the crowd I will bring moose burgers for one dinner. I may need help carrying the buns, condiments etc because of volume constraints. Is someone bringing a grill like last year or should I include one in my figuring?

evanhill
07-10-2009, 10:25 AM
This just gets better and better. Having sampled Snakey's moose burgers, I can attest that they are good eating. There will be ample cargo space available.

I just remembered that this Rondy is the one where Bushcraft is supposedly going to produce his own homemade sausage that will equal or surpass Kevin's. Or perhaps you'd hoped everyone would forget your rash boast?

scothill
07-10-2009, 10:47 AM
I just remembered that this Rondy is the one where Bushcraft is supposedly going to produce his own homemade sausage that will equal or surpass Kevin's. Or perhaps you'd hoped everyone would forget your rash boast?

Of course we need equal amounts from both so everyone can do a one to one comparison

Tracy
07-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Evan, the stir fry is already on the packing list for this year as well.

Any requests as far as something to satisfy the sweet fang? Last year's decision to bring rice crispy treats was based solely on packability and weight. What could I bring that would not be mashed beyond recognition after 4+ miles in my pack, would be enough to feed everyone, and would not be so heavy I'd be crawling by the time I got there? (Although when all was said & done, the bag of treats weighed in at 5 lbs.) Anything else that might fit that criteria? I may admit to not being much of a cook, but there are precious few things I can't bake. I will have something a little less packable for the trailhead Thurs night (I'm thinking homemade cream puffs.....), but need an idea for something to pack in.

scothill
07-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Tracy,
There is going to be plenty of load capacity to help get communal gear in. So don't worry about weight on that. Heck bake your speciality and put it in a rubbermade or tin of some kind and hand it off to one of the cargo haulers.

Bushcraft
07-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Evan,

Rash boast??? My sausage has had some rave reviews.

I'm planning on bringing a sampling of Vegetable Concentrate - sausage, back-strap and of course...the now ubiquitous BBQ'd baby-back ribs.

Allen

evanhill
07-10-2009, 11:52 AM
My sausage has had some rave reviews.

The connoisseurs of Capitol Hill don't count. I don't have firsthand experience, but I understand that they're not very discriminating when it comes to that kind of thing.

However, the guantlet has been clearly thrown down. I'm looking forward to the contest.

scothill
07-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Evan,

ubiquitous BBQ'd baby-back ribs.

Allen

Throw in some corn on the cob and watermelon and I can think of at least some takers (faces blurred to protect the innocent) ;) here are the remains of their recent depredations, and one was even caught in the act.

Randy
07-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Ed C,

Consider the Colt in the gun bearer. You'll have to haul ammo, that stuff is heavy:)

Kevin B
07-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Wish I had more time from here to there. Randy, I'll buy a box of .45LC, like Ed I'm interested in that lever gun.

I'm hoping to get my grinder parts and some miscellaneous eqpt here this week and then some time this weekend to do some sausage. I don't have one of the darn things in the freezer right now. I'll bring summer sausage and jerky and whatever I can get done for links, no promises. I will have some chops.

Just so I don't over do it, let's hear what's coming. Sounds like mooseburgers and ribs. What else? Randy/Mike? Allen doing some game I'm sure? I'm happy to do just a little or a bunch depending on our head count and what's already coming.

Ed's officially a game time decision now so it appears I'll be wearing another preposterous pack that looks more like a ridiculous one man band than a backpack. Look forward to seeing everyone.

scothill
07-14-2009, 06:16 PM
I'll be wearing another preposterous pack that looks more like a ridiculous one man band than a backpack.

Do you know another way to pack? :)

Kevin B
07-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Sadly, no. :( :rolleyes:

Bushcraft
07-14-2009, 09:58 PM
KevinB,

Yep, I'm planning on contributing some remaining backstrap from last year's elk, some sausage from same, might throw in some grass-fedd t-bones from the ranch and of course...a rack or two of baby back ribs.

Sadly, no bacon wrapped marinated duck.

Give a shout if your parts don't show and I'll run my stuff across the pond once I'm done with the pile of meat thawing right now that is destined for sausage.

Allen

Randy
07-15-2009, 07:37 AM
Kevin,

We're in for a big pan or 2 of stir-fry veggies again and some trailhead as well as camp-site goodies to satisfy your sweet-tooth.

Don't worry about the 45LC ammo -- I'll get some loaded up. I doubt you'll find any on the shelf, I haven't seen any for months.

MikeB.
07-20-2009, 09:46 PM
All,

I'm bringing in my whole clan for Thursday/ Friday at the trailhead. It'll be my kids' (ages 6 & 3) first overnighter. After the wife & kids head home Friday, I'll be heading to the location for the duration.

I'll have my bike trailer & will help haul gear/food as needed, to the extent my desk jockey lungs will allow. I'm a proficient freighter of marshmallows, down pillows, & the like.

To the community meat pile, I'll throw in some venison (chops or kebabs), accessorized with 'shrooms. For our farinaceous enjoyment, some sourdough bread.

Safe travels to all... To Ed C, hope you're feeling better; you're in my prayers!

SuperBadger
07-22-2009, 11:35 AM
Does anyone have an E&E they could bring? I see the G1's are on sale, so I'd like to check one out in person.