PDA

View Full Version : Best way to D&L or piggyback TG1.....

duckear
07-08-2009, 01:13 PM
...to a MOLLEX without having the waistbelt on the TG1. I am using the TG1 as a pouch that is detachable and then using a sling to carry it, or rarely, pull the belt off the Express and use it on the TG1

I was messing around with them this weekend and couldn't get the TG1 as stable as I wanted.

Pics will get you extra internet credits. ;)

gonehuntn
07-08-2009, 01:27 PM
I had the same question and was about to buy a piggyback system to attach my Scout or TG1 to my MMR but I got the following tip from Lost Arra:

"gonehuntn: I find it just as easy to use some Dock and Lock buckles (slotted quick attach female buckles) to attach a smaller pack rather than the piggyback kit. Just attach the female buckles to the pals webbing on the mmr and attach the male adjustable buckle to the small pack compression straps. Cross the straps over the small pack, snap it in and tighten. It gives you a little more flexibility when attaching and is very secure. You are basically treating the small pack like a Dock and Lock pouch."

I tried it out and it works great. Using the dock n' lock system gives me countless more configurations over the piggyback method. I've used the piggyback and it can be a bit sloppy when taking off or putting on the pack. I used the loose ends on the shoulder strap attachments for the top and tucked the waist belt and extra strap material under the back. If you have some extra buckles try it out.

steveb
07-08-2009, 03:58 PM
Another way is to put your TG1 into a medium pod and attach as you would other D&L, either on back of pack or bottom. Just click out one side and you have it.

duckear
07-09-2009, 08:13 AM
gonehutn,

Can't believe I never thought to cross the straps.

That did it.

I was trying to run the strap from the TG diagonally away from the TG to secure it.

I was able to rig it using the slotted female buckles and a couple of extra male buckles in addition to the sling.

Now I can click four buckles, release the TG1, the sling slides into position, and it is ready to carry.

I'll post some pictures tonight if I can.

Chucker
07-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Like this?

http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=875&highlight=tailgunner

duckear
07-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Like this?

http://www.kifaruforums.net/showthread.php?t=875&highlight=tailgunner

No.

That looks way too floppy. Even MM admits you cant easily tighten the TG using that method. That may work if you added a bit of strap between the buckles so you could cinch the TG tight to the main pack. but I think you would still get some sag.