PDA

View Full Version : This is just not Fair.. G2 rant

nwmanitou
06-30-2009, 02:30 PM
I just saw the G2 EE pack. Just this last weekend I was talking with a buddy on the trail about how I wished my EE pack had full panel access. It is my favorite little pack and goes everywhere with me.

So, I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to get my hands on a G2 EE. I've been laid off twice in the last year and am currently scrapping bottom. Oh well.

No possible chance that an older style EE could be sent in and modified?

Anyone need a 3D computer animator/artist?

BrooklynBen
06-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Sorry to hear of your challenges. Aren't' there video game companies looking for guys like you?

nwmanitou
06-30-2009, 02:59 PM
The market is saturated. The last game company I worked for imploded, complete with federal charges and 2million in back wages. The local game developer market was flooded. I was working for a film studio when this happened, but the studio suddenly lost their funding and furloghed us all. There are rumors of an iminent rebound with funding but in the meantime things suck as far as money.

Everything else is stellar. Being "Funemployed" has its perks. Lots more time with the wife and kids, time to work on my yard and garden, time to workout, and a heck of a lot more time to spend out in the hills practicing bushcraft.

Perhaps when things turn around I'll put some of my used, but meticulously cared for, kifaru gear on sale so I can upgrade my EE. Honestly, that one feature of full panel access is something Iv'e been wanting for years.

straps
06-30-2009, 10:51 PM
I feel your pain--the crap economy, combined with the distinct possibility of changes in firearms laws have changed the dynamic.

It may sound trite, but tough people always outlast tough times...

Cameron
07-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Just remember that every down cycle is a time of opportunity for the right people, my company is growing and we have increased personal by 33% since Jan 09.

Keep an eye to the industries that are taking advantage of the down turns... don't think you can't get into another industry.

Cameron

nwmanitou
07-01-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm seriously tempted to try and find another career. Regardless, my ultimate goal is to disconnect best I can, as in become as self reliant as possible. I'm just happy that I did pick up some good gear such as Kifaru when times were good.

Things will rebound, I'm certain of it.

David in OR
07-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Keep hope alive. :) I'm in the same boat (took a severance package before I got canned and have had close to zero luck finding freelance/contract work for the last five months) and just today was driving home from a scouting trip when I got a voicemail from a vendor from my old job who has a couple projects for me. Could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Maybe a nicely built AK is in my near future after all. lol

nwmanitou
06-12-2012, 03:25 PM
Wow, this is a super old thread, resurrected from the dead. But it may instill some hope. When I first posted I had just been laid off again. Now I'm running two business. One doing well enough to cover the bills and one (emberlit stoves) about to go huge. Amazing how things can turn around eh?

cashonlycow
06-12-2012, 03:55 PM
You're the GUY at Emberlit?

That's awesome! Congratulations on your businesses kicking ass.

Am a hopeful owner of the stove soon...funny, because I'm currently unemployed! If I'm even close to where you are right now in two years I'd be stoked. Congratulations on a great product and glad to see that things are more than turned around! :D

jaYson
06-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Jayson here and inquiring minds want to know . . . did you ever get the G2 E&E?

jaYson

robcollins
06-12-2012, 11:01 PM
+1 on the inquiring mind thing, and, I LOVE my Emberlit...

Brewing some food, dude!
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h395/robcollins43/Backpacking%20May%202012/JosieandRobCampingMay2012046small.jpg

nullface
06-13-2012, 03:19 AM
Good for you! I hope this can inspire people to never give up even when things sometime turn to **** a few times in a row.

On a side note, I have looked at a lot of wood stoves the past months but never jumped the gun one one, the Emberlit was realy apealing but not avalible in the EU. Are you planing on any EU retailers?

Rick
06-13-2012, 01:19 PM
Awesome thread revival!! Well done with Emberlit, great product!

Apple
06-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Glad you got back on your feet and now your running! I'm going to look into one of these stoves!