PDA

View Full Version : Kifaru Demo Pics!!

Mel
06-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Hey guys, I'm starting this thread for guys to post their pics from the Kifaru Demo. Headed out right now to get set up. I'll get some pics posted up tonight or tomorrow.

Mel

Sawtooth
06-27-2009, 07:59 AM
Have a great time guys...sounds like fun!

Mel
06-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Hey guys, I had a great time at the demo, but unfortunately, I was so busy from begining to end that I never had a chance to take any pics. Hopefully, some of you that attended have pics to post.

Mel

Doug Fir
06-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Mel,

Thanks for all the time you spent putting together the demo. For all of you who could not attend, it was excellent. Kind of like Kifaru heaven. A pack, pocket or pouch everywhere you looked.

I did not take any pictures either, too busy looking at packs and talking to great people. It was nice to meet Mel and Patrick. Two outstanding individuals.

Thanks again for the great event.

Best regards. Phil

bmstrong
06-29-2009, 12:18 AM
Anything new at the demo?

Mel
06-29-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah, we had the whole new G2 line there:D! As far as any new products since the launch of the G2 line, there was nothing new at the demo. We thought we might have a couple new shiny things to show, but that didn't work out.

Mel

straps
06-29-2009, 10:56 AM
Yeah, didn't get pics either. Too much BBQ, gear and socializing...

Mel, we might have to set something up for better documentation of the Armor Grip stuff.

For anybody who wears armor, Armor Grip is ABSOLUTELY the way to go. I was skeptical, so I brought my CIRAS to the demo (Large Carrier, Large PPI BALCS IIIA soft panels, XL E-SAPIs with Side SAPIs). Mel eyeballed the fit (he's like a Hong Kong Tailor that way), put some weight in and we strapped the pack on. The fit was as good as any Kifaru pack, and the waist belt worked as well as ever. I went for a trot around the Demo site, jumped around a bit and even did a drop or two into the prone. The pack never budged. I did all this WITHOUT my war belt (in my case a heavily-laden Crye Blast Belt--configured for dismounted Instructor/O-C/RSO duties--with suspenders). Over Mel's protest, I put my belt on and put the pack back on. Even mith my "hot mess" of a war belt, the AG worked just as well, at least for short/medium duration dismounted movements. For long moves, a better solution may be to refine the war belt load to ensure that the AG's Hip Belt can do its job, or move essentials from the war belt to MOLLE pouches on the AG's belt and stow the belt in the pack or in a Pod). For those concerned that the "smallest" pack available in an Armor Grip is Navigator-sized, it's worth noting that the AG Hauler frame is small and light, and has attachment points for an E&E, a Claymore and a CLS bag or Pod for a compact, modular, customized, mission-specific setup. Short story long, the AG is typical of the thought that the folks at Kifaru put into everything they do.

Oh, and for anyone who's on the fence about the value of the rest of the G2 stuff, as good as the '08 gear clearance prices are, the G2 refinements across the board are well worth the wait and the price structure.

Prowannabe
06-29-2009, 03:46 PM
gotta love a picture thread with no pics!

straps
06-29-2009, 04:26 PM
gotta love a picture thread with no pics!

Yeah, kinda hard to operate a camera with a (Kifaru-provided) beer in one hand and a pack in the other ;)

MATCHGRADE
06-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey Guys, here are a few pics, with a few more to come. Foliage AG2 bag, similar to the Navigator with the back padding rolled away to support rear plate. New E&E, which I should have taken pic of the inside on. Awesome set up, lots of uses organization and versatility over the old E&E. Straps checking out the AG frame supported by kifaru beer as described above.

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/BCSF/KifaruRonde2009-small06.jpg
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/BCSF/KifaruRonde2009-small01.jpg
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/BCSF/KifaruRonde2009-small02.jpg

MATCHGRADE
06-29-2009, 06:37 PM
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/BCSF/KifaruRonde2009-small05.jpg
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv218/BCSF/KifaruRonde2009-small08.jpg

Above- some of the guys hanging. The food was great.

Below- Robbie Green from Bay Area Expeditions showing his Navigator Set up as a medic bag.

rhunter424
06-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Sweet...finally SOME pics!

That navigator looks small to me. Maybe just the angle the picture was taken.

ORHunter
06-30-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm sorry to say that I don't have any pictures to post, I was too busy talking and learning, but I just wanted to weight in here and say thanks, a big thanks, to Patrick and Mel for putting this event on. I drove down from Southern Oregon to learn more about the packs, and these guys went above and beyond, answering every question I had-and I had alot of them! It was worth the drive to see the product in person, and now I've got a pretty good idea as to what I'm going to order for this year, not only for hunting, but I saw some items that have applications in my search and rescue "work". Thanks again guys, and if you're ever up this way, the next beer is on me...

Doug Fir
06-30-2009, 10:06 PM
ORHunter

It was great to meet you at the demo and enjoy lunch together. We may have been the two to drive the furthest; I came form southern California. And as we discussed, it was worth the drive.

Good luck on choosing your pack. With all the choices we looked at I'm sure you will find the right setup for you. (hauler frame +AG1 bag????)

Glad you made it home safe!

PA

docw
07-01-2009, 06:10 PM
I'll be at the next demo that I'm in the US for. Sounds like an excellent time!

Dan M
07-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Too funny, I brought my camera, but like many, was too busy chatting and fingering the gear to get it out. Good times.

rt014
07-13-2009, 01:48 PM
Someone needs to be appointed designated photographer at these things :)

Count me in if you guys do an east coast (preferably upstate NY demo).