PDA

View Full Version : Long wait for my first Kifaru Bag

Archaon
06-16-2009, 10:48 AM
I had ordered a Multicam EMR and started the exciting and long wait for my bag. Kifaru told me that they will ship out by Jul 1, and I think there is still 2-3 weeks to go. Just want the time to fly by and really want the postman to ring the door sooner;)

By the way, what is the default shipment method of Kifaru? There is no option in the web when I ordered it and some extra charge had been charged for my bag. I assumed that it is the postage cost. Can any one share some information on that? Thanks

medic16
06-16-2009, 11:39 AM
The extra charge should be the shipping. Every time I have ordered from Kifaru it comes Priority mail thru the Postal Service.

SmokeHouse
06-16-2009, 12:08 PM
congrads,,, thats a very large pack... how much weight do you think you will carry?

rt014
06-16-2009, 04:05 PM
Mine usually come via UPS.

TheOtherDave
06-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Congrats, You are really going to like this bag. It's easy to overstuff it, but if you are making it into a BOB, just outfit it like a standard 3 day BOB but throw in a few extra day's worth of food and extra clothing. That way the weight stays in check.

Mine is set up more like a "be back in a while bag", and isn't as fun to hump. I think it weighs about 80lbs with plenty of room to go, and the longest I have hiked with it is about 3 miles. It carries it well, but not when you have a gun on your hip. Since the waist belt can't hug your hips the pack slides down on your shoulders and life sucks. When not carrying, life is good-load it up as much as you want, all the weight is on the hips.

Archaon
06-17-2009, 06:23 AM
Thanks all for the info. If it is Priority mail, I think it will arrive within in week. (I live in Hong Kong)

I am planning a trip to Mongol, and I do not intend to carry the bag for a long walk. I planned to have a car pickup and stay in the tent for most of the time. But I need to put in some extra cloths and sleeping bags and stuff, so I need a large pack which has more room to pack them in.

In the future, I planned to have some weekend overnight trip with my family, and I will be the one to carry most of their stuff, so a big EMR is neccessary :rolleyes:

I thought for a long time before I decided to buy a EMR, as it is huge and it is expensive for a low income like me, but I believe the quality will worth it. Can't wait to see it comes to my door. :D

Archaon
07-13-2009, 12:42 AM
My long waited has ended in last Sat. My EMR had arrived. Tried it on and truly speaking, I am very satisifed with Kifaru' s product. I load 30lbs of items in the bag and tried it out, me and my brother both agreed that it weights only like 10lbs. Very good quality, very good product. I am looking forward for my trip to try it out.