PDA

View Full Version : E&E on Zulu or ZXR Question

Art Andrews
06-14-2009, 11:56 AM
So I finally have a ZXR with XTL lid coming! WHEWHOO!

I have been looking into this for a LONG time and came very very close to getting an Eberlestock but decided on a Kifaru for a number of reasons:

1) Everyone seems to be in agreement that Kifaru has a superior suspension
2) Kifaru is made in the US
3) Mel is EVERYWHERE on the innternet, taking advice and criticism as well as giving advice and trying to be helpful to anyone discussing Kifaru equipment
4) It seems to be generally agreed upon that you can't get better quality than Kifaru
5) Once I actually figured out the whole "adding pouches and pockets" on to what I initially thought was a pretty boring pack, I was hooked.
6) Maggie responded to me so quickly in signing up for the forum (I am BIG on customer service and wasn't impressed with Eberlestock's phone CS).

Anyway, I have a G2 ZXR with an XTL lid coming this week and am VERY excited! I am seriously considered adding an E&E to it, BUT one of my main reasons for getting a Kifaru was because everyone says it pulls in and hugs your back (while a common complaint with the Eberlestock was that the contents of your pack sit too far away from your back, and constantly pull back on you). Will adding an E&E to the back of the ZXR greatly change the load of the pack and pull back a lot more? Would it be possible to attach the E&E to the side of the ZXR or is it too wide? I love the idea of having an EDC that can quickly snap on to my main pack but am concerned about shifting the load too much. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I am also considering snagging a Zulu for my girlfriend and would probably go with an E&E for her setup as well which is why Zulu and ZXR are in the title...

Brotzie
06-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Well, first off, congratulations on the new pack! :)

How much your center of gravity shifts depends of course on what's going in the E&E, but be reassured that it'll happily rig on the side of a ZXR or Zulu.

All the best, Ian

Art Andrews
06-14-2009, 02:47 PM
Awesome! Well, looks like an E&E will be my next purchase!

BuckarooMedic
06-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Art,

Yup, I use my E&E on my Zulu all the time. It really depends in what you put in it whether or not it will offset your balance. I've never seemed to have a problem though. I carry basic survival gear in my E&E, probably weighs in at less than five pounds if I had to guess. Never weighed it, maybe I should.