PDA

View Full Version : G2 Duplex Frame Pics!!

Mel
06-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Hey guys, here are the pics I promised of various pocket/Pod combinations on the new G2 Duplex frame. This is only a sample of the possible configurations that can be used on the new frame. As you guys get your own G2 Duplex frame packs, you should be able to come up with even more combinations. I didn't even use any large Pods, Cargo Chair, or Grab-It, which as you can imagine, would allow even more combinations. I just don't have the time to explore the almost endless possibilities, so you should have a good time experimenting when you get your G2 Duplex frame packs. I might have to do these pics in 2 posts, but here we go:

This first pic is the back of the G2 Duplex frame (24") showing the tab loop attachment points.

Here's another pic of the frame showing the slotted buckles on the tab loops. As you can see, the vertical tab loops are long enough to run 2 buckles on. The buckles would actually be flipped up to click in the pockets or Pods.

This pic shows 3 medium Pods on the frame.

This pic shows 1 small Pod and 3 medium Pods on the frame.

Here's another pic with 1 small Pod and 3 medium Pods

This pic shows 3 medium Pods and 2 LP's D&L on the 2 lower Pods.

Here's another view of the pic above.

Mel
06-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Hey guys, here's the final batch of pics.

This pic shows 2 LP's wrapped around 3 med Pods and clicked together using 2 slotted adjustable female SR buckles on the left LP.

This pic shows 2 LP's wrapped around a vertical mounted med Pod over a small Pod.

This shows an E&E above a med Pod.

This is the same as above with a small Pod on the E&E.

This pic shows an E&E above a Mid LP.

This is the same as above with 2 LP's wrapped around.

Hope you enjoyed the pics. I'm sure you may have some questions, so fire away.

Mel

adi
06-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Oh hello...!,

Thanks for sparing some time to take pics for us.
These are great!

:)

steveb
06-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Mel, thanks for posting these. My appetite has truly been whetted. This is definitely the way to go for my large Kifaru ruck. With a MMR hauler frame, the possibilities are nearly endless; MMR, AG1, or AG2 bags and/or a multitude of pod/pocket combinations. Very impressive.

Ken
06-07-2009, 03:18 PM
24"?? Were the LH frames not 26"? Did they get shortened?

Looks real nice with just the pods on. The mind boggles with possibilities.

adi
06-07-2009, 04:16 PM
24"?? Were the LH frames not 26"? Did they get shortened?

Looks real nice with just the pods on. The mind boggles with possibilities.

Hi Ken,

If I'm not mistaken, the 26" is the EMR Hauler frame and the 24" is the MMR.

I assume the 26" can be kitted just like the 24" frame illustrated below.

Packwise the 24" frame will fit AG1, AG2 and MMR while the 26" will fit only the EMR.

Not sure if there are any other differences but I'm sure Mel or the other guys will fill in the details.

Mel
06-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Hey Ken, the Duplex frame comes in a 24" (MMR/AG1/AG2) and 26" (EMR/Longhunters). The attachments are indentical in the 24" and 26" frames, with the only exception being the 26" frame is 2" taller at the top.

Mel

Mel
06-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Hey guys, I just added another pic in the first post, which is the now the second pic from the top. This shows the buckles attached to the tab loops on the frame that I used for mounting all the pockets and Pods in these pics.

Mel

Ken
06-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Roger...Thanks.

poi dog
06-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Awesome pics Mel! Thanks for posting :cool::cool:.

Hey adi, maybe I don't have to post the frame pic after all. Mel's pics are perfect!

adi
06-08-2009, 04:51 AM
Hiya Poi,

No you don't have to post the frame pic but still...Thanks for the offer!
Enjoy your MMR and fun with the kids!

:)

Awesome pics Mel! Thanks for posting :cool::cool:.

Hey adi, maybe I don't have to post the frame pic after all. Mel's pics are perfect!

Mel
06-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Hey guys, here are some pics I took showing a couple more configurations. The first 3 pics should interest you hunters. It shows a medium Pod mounted to the frame which would carry all your essentials for the day while hunting. Once you need the Cargo Chair to carry out your kill, you can Dock n Lock the Pod onto the bottom of the Cargo Chair. This will only work on the military Cargo Chair. I didn't have any elk quarters to put in the Cargo Chair, but you get the idea:). Here ya go:

The next couple of pics show another option. You can attach a Tailgunner to the bottom of the frame, needing only a couple of 1" webbing straps and buckles. Just attach the slotted female buckle to the vertical tab loops on the frame, and the other end of the webbing into the ladderlock buckles at the top of the Tailgunner. I used different color webbing in the pics so you can see this more clearly. Next, just thread the Delta straps from the Duplex waistbelt into the Tailgunner. When the Delta straps are loose, it will swing out just a bit when you put it on, but once you snug up the Delta straps, it rides solid on the frame. Here ya go:

Hope you enjoyed the pics.

Mel

adi
06-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Mel,

Thanks again for the pics. More ideas!.

From your illustrations of possible configurations so far, I take it a Large Pod will be too wide to sit horizontally on the frame but is fine when vertically strapped.

Out of curiosity, how many lash strap set would you normally recommend to go with the frame if I were to acquire some?

Just a number where it's pretty much GTG for almost any need.

circle
06-08-2009, 12:06 PM
oh my - this is an attractive option! More awe coming from me for Kifaru.

Si

revelation2012
06-08-2009, 12:15 PM
I really like this . . .

I have a question. If one were to want to carry the cargo chair but have pods and various items attached, how do you suggest storing the cargo chair? Can it be simply folded up behind the pods or would that cover the attachment points for the pods?

Mel
06-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Adi: A large Pod would fit horizontally no problem. I will have to get some pics up with a large Pod on the frame. I think if you got one Vertical Lash Kit and two Horizontal Lash Kits, you would be set for almost any scenario.

Revelation: You really wouldn't be able to fold up a Cargo Chair on the frame and still be able to attach pockets/Pods down the length of the frame. I haven't played around with it yet, but I'm sure you can come up with an innovative way to carry the Cargo Chair when you have pockets/Pods mounted on the frame.

Mel

adi
06-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Mel,

Thanks for the explanation. I thought the reason the large pod weren't used was because it's too wide but it's all clear now.
Also thanks for the suggestion on the number of Lash Strap Kits.

GTG! :)

Mel
06-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Hey guys, here are some pics showing a large, medium, and small Pod on the frame for size comparison purposes.

Hope this helps.

Mel

Bushcraft
06-08-2009, 01:51 PM
Widths (as shown across back)...18", 15" and 12"?

Mel
06-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Bushcraft, that is correct. Those width measurements are for the Cordura bottom of the Pods. I think the large/med/small combination would probably be an excellent choice for all around use.

Mel

Bushcraft
06-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Thanks Mel.

Mel
06-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Hey guys, here are some more pics showing 3 med Pods on the frame, with a large Pod D&L onto the med Pods. This would be a good setup for extended trips. You could run your sleep system in the large Pod. Here ya go:

Mel

Mel
06-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to give you something to ponder on here. The price of an MMR with standard top lid is $596.00. The price of the above setup (MMR Platform, one large Pod, and 3 medium Pods), is $411.00. That is almost a two hundred dollar difference. I thought I would mention this option for those that might be on a budget, yet wanted a Duplex pack. Also, there are some advantages to the Pods on the frame setup, as you can separate your gear into the different Pods, and have quick and easy access to that gear. You also have the capability to mix and match your Pod setup, and carry just what you need on the frame depending on your intended use.

Mel

Sumpter
07-02-2013, 07:54 PM
Mel, with these configurations, where would I put a 100oz bladder? Forgive me if its obvious. I'm new to the product line.

floranama
07-02-2013, 09:04 PM
A quick way is to hang it off the grab handle and compress it down with the pods. Doesn't work with the bladder alone.

ramcd
07-13-2013, 02:04 AM
Mel, I know it would be hard to tell but you have any idea of the volume for the small pod? I'm trying to work out of my hammock, tarp and quilt will fit into one.

Richard

Benny BC
07-13-2013, 03:28 AM
Nope. You might get away with a medium, but likely need a large for all that stuff. What hammock, tarp & quilt will you be trying to fit in?

rhunter424
07-13-2013, 08:44 AM
Mel, I know it would be hard to tell but you have any idea of the volume for the small pod? I'm trying to work out of my hammock, tarp and quilt will fit into one.

Richard
My small pod fits a 30* mummy synthetic sleeping bag like a glove. It also fits a stuffed Kifaru XL pullout like a glove too.

You could probably pick 2 of the 3 things you listed and fit them in the small pod.

ramcd
07-13-2013, 10:54 PM
The hammock is a Clark TX-250, tarp is 12 x 8.5 Cuben fibre and home made bottom quilt.

(Unbelievable the I need a light bottom quilt 15 degrees South of the equator this time of year)

What I did last night was to use a small compression sack and fitted it easily into a side zip Long Pocket at 650 c.i. so if the small Pod is similiar in size I'm sweet.

Richard

Benny BC
07-14-2013, 03:46 AM
Wow! Maybe a small would do the trick. I checked out the Clark's a while ago & certainly didn't see how they could compress that small let alone with all the other stuff.