PDA

View Full Version : D&L Long Pocket Question

dlaot1
05-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Hey all, I recently got my first Kifaru pack, a Molle Express, and I noticed that on the back of the D&L Long Pockets there are 4 loops that look like they could be used to thread Malice Clips through for some added security. I was wondering if I should use long or short Malice Clips to help secure the pocket onto the pack, and what number I should use; an old post I read about possible theft of D&L pockets during travel has me somewhat spooked ahead of a trip of my own.

Thommo
06-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Initially I thought they were for some type of attachment also but as I have been told the loops on the back of D&L Long pockets are for the attachment of Female SR buckles when the pocket is not in use on a pack.

But I have found they can be used for all sorts of other uses. Securing a Long Pocket to a pack could be one of those uses.

dlaot1
06-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Yeah, at the worst I plan on just tying the pocket onto the pack with 550 cord via the loops; with my pack being the only allowed luggage, I'd be pretty far up the creek if I lost a pocket.

BuckarooMedic
06-01-2009, 07:39 AM
You might try using Malice clips, or velcro, or something. Give it a shot, see what happens and let us know your results.

Take care,

Cpl Punishment
06-02-2009, 07:55 AM
You could use short MALICE clips or TacTies (they use 3 PALS rows -- two on the pack and the one on the long pocket).

steveb
06-02-2009, 09:34 AM
I recently tried the tac ties by maxpedition and I really like them. Give a solid connection without being too rigid. And you can use them without a multi-tool or the like.