PDA

View Full Version : My Pointman earned its keep on friday.

deadcat
05-17-2009, 11:29 PM
So last friday, after we pack up our rucks and other assorted crap for JRTC, leadership decides to do some company 'challenge' and have reps from each platoon load up 40lbs plus water in an assault pack for 14 miles and some stations. SPC deadcat said no problem and threw a sandbag and a bladder in his Pointman. Long story short, at about 10 miles dudes in my group including my platoon sergeant were kinda complaining about their shoulders. I rubbed some salt into their proverbial wounds and popped the buckles on my shoulder straps to demonstrate the validity of my $400$ purchase. Guffaws ensued.

Just wanted to say thanks to Mel and Patrick for engineering and providing an excellent pack and I'll send some more cashola when HH6 says 'OK' lol. Shouldn't be too hard she's using my Xray for school right now!

Sorry no pics :(

docw
05-18-2009, 02:16 AM
Gotta love Kifaru packs! That must've been heaven. 40lbs in an Express is too easy, I can't imagine how completely enjoyable it would be in a pointman. People made fun of me when my stuff arrived too. It's all good, I'm the only one who doesn't smell like Icy Hot after a ruck march.

wolfmen
05-18-2009, 05:30 AM
Nice review.

Evertrime i used my K-pack, i really want to tell other how comfortable i felt.

straps
05-18-2009, 11:50 AM
How many of those dudes were even using their waist belts?

AbnMedOps
05-18-2009, 09:31 PM
I love it, Deadcat!! Change will only come from the bottom up, and from the front lines back.

The concept of NOT being in pain and fatigued is too revolutionary for the US Army to easily comprehend.

Archaon
05-19-2009, 05:34 AM
The concept of NOT being in pain and fatigued is too revolutionary for the US Army to easily comprehend.

The one that decided to use which pack always sits behind a desk. How much do you think they can understand about pain and fatigue?

BuckarooMedic
05-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Way to go Deadcat! Let's hear it for an enlightened COC too!

deadcat
05-19-2009, 08:20 PM
How many of those dudes were even using their waist belts?

A couple were, but their **** still hurt.

So far I've gotten 3 guys to buy Kifaru packs so far with a few more taking a good look at them. Granted it hasn't happened over night but, I'm doing my part :P