PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Colorado Rendezvous Roll Call

singleshot
05-07-2009, 07:26 AM
What day are you arriving? Leaving early or late Sunday?
I'll start

Thursday - Sunday about noon

Sawtooth
05-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Arriving: Saturday morning around 8:00 AM
Departing: Sunday midday when the last vehicle pulls out

Westy
05-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Arrive Friday night; depart Sunday early afternoon.

CCH
05-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Arriving some time Friday and departing Sunday a.m.

Gregdoo
05-07-2009, 09:02 AM
Probably arrive Friday eve. and leave mid-morning Sunday.

evanhill
05-07-2009, 09:14 AM
mid-day Friday through late morning Sunday

scothill
05-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Same as Evan

Timberline
05-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Arriving: Thursday afternoon/evening.
Departing: Sunday afternoon/evening.

Brent13
05-07-2009, 12:48 PM
I hope to arrive Saturday morning, provided I make it at all. Would depart Sunday around noon. Question, can this campsite be driven to? Are most tents set up near the vehicles?

Thanks,
Brent

Scoutin' Wyo
05-07-2009, 01:05 PM
I hope to arrive Saturday morning, provided I make it at all. Would depart Sunday around noon. Question, can this campsite be driven to? Are most tents set up near the vehicles?

Thanks,
Brent

Last year you could drive up to the tents with a sports car. Weather permiting, I'm sure a 2wd rig would be fine again this year.

Otoejet
05-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Arriving (hopefully) Saturday am and departing Sunday afternoon

flamingo 7
05-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Friday early till the gin holds out (Sunday late).

ozarkrambler
05-07-2009, 05:43 PM
We will be heading that way starting Wed. evening, 12 hours later we should be rolling in to the campsite. Should be around 07:00 Thursday morning, departing 9:00ish Sunday.

Elmbow, your going to make it this year right??

CCH
05-07-2009, 06:07 PM

Thanks,
Brent

As has been mentioned a car works fine or should unless we get a lot of wet. As to proximity to vehicles, I'll probably be sleeping in mine. I've seen fellows sleep in (gasp!) truck mounted campers.

Randy
05-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Scot has the car keys! As long as I'm on my plane Sunday afternoon I'm happy. See ya next week!

Any suggestions from the locals on clothing selections for our location and typical spring weather? Started laying out my gear last night and want to be sure I'm comfortable, but not overloaded. Thanks guys.

Scoutin' Wyo
05-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Scot has the car keys! As long as I'm on my plane Sunday afternoon I'm happy. See ya next week!

Any suggestions from the locals on clothing selections for our location and typical spring weather? Started laying out my gear last night and want to be sure I'm comfortable, but not overloaded. Thanks guys.

Typical wide temp swings. Might I suggest sun screen. Last year I went home looking like a lobster. JonS had a large wide brimmed hat last year and I think I will learn from the wise (not so) old teacher.

The Wyo clan will be in route early Friday morning which should put us in camp around noon. We will help tear down tipis and stoves Sunday morning then head back north.

I can't wait!

And CCH might see a second truck camper this year.

CCH
05-07-2009, 09:20 PM
But you had such a nice wall tent set up last year!

I thought about giving the new to us pop up a run this year, but with just me that is a bit of overkill... I think. I guess I could haul it up if anyone needs any swank sleeping quarters. I probably should take it out once before the wife tries it. :D

Sawtooth
05-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Two things have been present all of the previous five rondies...

sun and wind

Best to come prepared for both. Leafless aspens don't give you much shade, and the spot is pretty open, especially the firing line.

Daily highs have been as high as 70 and nightly lows have been down to around 25. We've had sustained winds at around 30 mph for most of a Saturday back in 2004. The wind always dies down at dusk.

Sawtooth
05-07-2009, 09:32 PM
But you had such a nice wall tent set up last year!

I thought about giving the new to us pop up a run this year, but with just me that is a bit of overkill... I think. I guess I could haul it up if anyone needs any swank sleeping quarters. I probably should take it out once before the wife tries it. :D

I'd bunk with you in the popup, but I usually don't get to bed until around 3-4 AM, and I don't want to wake you up. :D

CCH
05-07-2009, 09:38 PM
No kids this year so I don't have to go to bed early. You're more than welcome. Hannah could bunk with you at one end if she makes it up.

It's starting to sound like a good idea. I hate to find out all the bugs on a trip with the boss. Nice table to rest your Jameson's (or whatever) bottle on. Actually two tables if you don't want to sit with me. :)

Scoutin' Wyo
05-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Ya, the wall tent was nice, but I need to use this camper more or I will start to get an itch to sell it. Besides, Jessie will like the toy-toy and the kitchen sink. It should also hold the young puppy in at night a little better than the tent. I think I wil bring my 4-man tipi just so I don't look TOO out of place. My old 4-man will also show folks how the paraglider fabric of days past looks on a tipi.

Smokepole
05-08-2009, 07:13 AM
Hunter and I may drive up Friday evening, not sure yet. Saturday morning at the latest. We plan on leaving Sunday mid-day, after helping singleshot pick up what's left of his steel targets.

fn
05-12-2009, 12:24 PM
Myself and fn jr will be headed up early Sat AM unless I can spring a short day at work on Friday. Looking forward to the adventure.

Scoutin' Wyo
05-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Just want to make sure I don't miss out on some directions to the site. I "think" I remember how to get there, but the fine details might have been lost in mental disk defrag. So I will eagerly await a PM. :o

Jon S
05-12-2009, 09:55 PM
I sent you some directions in a PM moments ago, see you there.

Scoutin' Wyo
05-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Thank you Sir!

The land yacht is almost ready to set sail!

Michael & Tanner
05-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Tanner and I will be rolling in tomorrow evening.

If someone could send directions my way, I'd appreciate it.

A few days with all of you from the Kifaru board, then fishing with Ed Engle on the S. Platte on Sunday.

This may well be the perfect weekend...

singleshot
05-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Michael and Tanner
Call up or email Angie at Kifaru to register and she will send you directions.

Sawtooth
05-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Michael,

I can call you this evening when I get home. Just too busy yesterday to get to it. Will you be available for a quick call from yours truly?

Herb
05-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Hello fellas,

I've been pinned down by too many conflicts with my schedule and regretfully will miss the rondy. The fellowship with old and new friends in the Kifaru community, South Park, great food, great firearms, great gear, and the introduction of the 24-man tipi---all things I had looked forward too and it pains me to miss out.

Everyone have safe travels and a wonderful Rondy.

Sawtooth
05-13-2009, 03:12 PM
We'll miss you Herb...especially stump shooting cow pies and dead aspens with you and your "boys".

Kmassaro
05-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Herb, sorry you can't make it. Could you send the goats via bus to the Rondy, though?

singleshot
05-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Herb, Sorry you can't make it.
With you and Cleve gone we will probably all starve.

Timberline
05-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Herb,

Wish you could make it. We’ll definately miss you.

Forget the goats, though. Send the steaks!

I suppose we do have the two SNAKES Don is threatening to bring. Tastes like chicken!

evanhill
05-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Been a long time since I've eaten a rattlesnake, and if one made it to Rondy, that would be a fitting disposition. Very good eating, but not like chicken...

CCH
05-13-2009, 09:02 PM
We don't eat rattlesnakes, we play with them and you know you're not supposed to play with your food.