PDA

View Full Version : Piggybacking scouts and marauders

seburo
08-14-2003, 07:30 PM
According to the piggybacking chart, a Scout can be piggybacked onto another Scout, but not to a larger Marauder. Why is that?

Mel
08-14-2003, 09:59 PM
Seburo:

There shouldn't be an "X" in the Scout on Scout box on the piggyback chart. We will get that changed. The Scout won't piggyback onto a Marauder or another Scout. Hope this helps.

Mel

David
08-16-2003, 06:11 PM
I do not understand why the scout will not piggy back on th eMaurder
why is that

Sgathak
08-17-2003, 12:02 AM
My guess would be that the Maurader doesnt have the required hardware to mount a piggyback.

Mel
08-17-2003, 10:43 PM
The Marauder does have the 2" common loop needed on the waistbelt to piggyback a Scout. I just piggybacked a Scout to a Marauder, and it can be done. BUT, if the Marauder is lightly loaded, it doesn't have enough girth to be able to cinch the Scout tight to the Marauder. It will work, and the Scout isn't going to come off, it just won't be snug on the Marauder. You will notice some bounce with the Scout.

I really can't think of a good reason to piggyback a Scout onto a Marauder. But, if you must have it that way, I would recommend getting a Horizontal Lash Strap Kit along with the Piggyback Adaptor Kit. Use the upper attachment straps from the Piggyback kit to secure the top of the Scout, and tuck the waistbelt of the Scout behind the lumbar pad. Now hook up a lash strap to the left and right side bottom of the Scout and to the Marauder. Cinch all 4 corners tight, and you're GTG. I know this sounds kinda complicated, but actually, it's very simple to do. I hope this helps a little.

Mel

David
08-19-2003, 04:47 PM
mel here is a lay out for you
tell me if this would work
MMR
Maurder -High mount, using a Horizontal Lash Kit
scout--Low mount using the
waistbelt and a Piggyback Adaptor Kit
this will give me a total of 7600ci but allow me to drop gear ass needed in a hurry
David

Mel
08-19-2003, 09:36 PM
David, that would be a helluva load, but I think you could mount a Marauder and a Scout to an MMR. I haven't done it myself, but I don't see why it couldn't be done.

By the way, the shop just forwarded your e-mail to me with your pics. SWEET looking gear! You open for business yet?

Mel

eggroll
08-20-2003, 10:32 AM
DOOD!

you're not gonna share!!!!! :-)
I just got in pix of my gear in use over in Liberia. Talk about getting STOKED! woo hoo! I'll post tonight

EGG

David
08-20-2003, 04:41 PM
mel
as for my gear
I am bearly keeping up with orders
I am not set up with a web site yet however
can send you lots of pics and listing if you wnat to deal
I can be the custom end of your gig
the scout I just got works perfect with my vests
with a horisontal strap kit it is a match made to be
will have to put a setup together for you
what weapon setup would interes you
m16, 45, pistol , shotgun , or what
let me know
we can help each other
David
Modular Tactical Concepts

ibtrdia
08-21-2003, 03:38 AM
]David[

What a loadout /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I would sure like to see a picture of the combination.

Mel
08-21-2003, 05:32 AM
David, thanks for the offer, but I'm way to busy with Kifaru and the packs. Hell, I haven't had the time to buy any toys or go shootin for awhile now. You should hook up with Egg over on geardo.com, as I'm sure the guys would like to see some of your cool gear.

Mel

David
08-21-2003, 05:50 AM
well mel
if you wnat to do any trading of gear let meknow
this way we both get the new toys we want
dont work too hard save time for you ( but not too much we all hate to wate for our new packs
(just kidding)

David
08-21-2003, 05:50 AM
well mel
if you wnat to do any trading of gear let meknow
this way we both get the new toys we want
dont work too hard save time for you ( but not too much we all hate to wate for our new packs
(just kidding)email me if you want