PDA

View Full Version : ronde Montana

RWS
02-16-2009, 09:10 AM
How about a late spring , early summer western Montana ronde? Never attended one, thought it might be fun. Any ideas????

DEW
02-21-2009, 06:01 AM
RWS what ya got in mind? Sounds like it could be fun... Duane

RD
02-21-2009, 07:49 PM
We should do something. I'm up for it.

Montanapete1
02-22-2009, 09:48 AM
Sounds fun......................

RWS
02-23-2009, 06:58 AM
Well, theres a few people coming out of the woodwork. I have been thinking of some place to get away from people yet accesable. Where I live winter seems to hang around a long time.Probably June to get anywhere in the high country.Would like to bring a few luxuries so don't want to pack in very far. There is a place up Cedar creek just outside of Superior Mt. called big flat.Can only get in with 4 wheel drive and no trailers. Cuts down on the tourists. If any of you have forest maps it's 20 or so miles south of Superior off I-90.Cedar creek rd.#320 to side rd 7763 which is the rough one. Nice small stream, close to some alpine lakes to hike into (Ex. Bonanza lakes) and an open area of an old mine site if anybody wants to do any shooting. Week days would be best.

DEW
02-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Im a weekender only type, got this crappy thing called work that really screws with my personal life during the week. My vacation time is limited and to be used for hunting. Duane

Montanapete1
03-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Boy that idea sunk like the Titanic!!!! Well maybe We can try for something this summer up by Condon! on the Bob Marshall side of the highway, maybe something a few miles back in so the kids can come, and maybe a wife or two! Try the thurs thru sunday thing so weekend and people without weekends off can attend for a few days or the whole deal!

DEW
03-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Good Idea Pete that would allow everyone to attend.. DEW

BigSky
04-15-2009, 04:12 PM
How come you guys want to travel so far? Oh wait, you probably live near there.

If you guys get a plan together post it. Some of us, like me and Duane, might be able to do it for the weekend portion.

Montanapete1
04-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Bigsky,
Would something near Helena work better for you eastern guys? Maybe up in the hills near the C-Divide?

BigSky
04-16-2009, 01:09 PM
Yes it would; but, it's all kind of a catch 22. It's not fair to those doing all the preparation who are sure they can make it when nobody from East of Helena shows up. I was kind of joking; but, you could probably get more committment if whoever takes the bull by the horns were to say; "Here's where and when we're having it. Hope you can make it." Then, everybody could decide whether they needed vacation time or just a weekend based on the location. I'm not the organizer so I'm not going to presume to tell anybody how to run the show. One thing is for sure. You're definately not going to be able to accommodate everyone. I look forward to hearing from whomever decides to organize it and hope that it is at a date and location that I can make it.

Thomas

Montanapete1
04-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Are you Volunteering? LOL! It was worth a shot, right? Take care Pete

Bushcraft
04-16-2009, 06:51 PM
BigSky has the right idea.

As someone that has put a few of these together - pretty successful ones I might so humbly add, I recommend either 1) driving a stake in the ground and just telling people where and when it will be and hope some folks show, or preferably, 2) get dates of availability from all that express interest and then optimize for the date/location that most people can attend.

Location does matter of course, but it really is a second order consideration since most of us would rather visit the High Lonesome alone or with only a few other people. These rendezvous are all about fellowship with like-minded people.

Good luck getting ‘er going. You won’t regret taking a weekend out of your summer ramblings.

Uncle Jake
04-16-2009, 09:39 PM
South central MT would work for me.

Am interested in further details.....