PDA

View Full Version : Titanium pot/cup for Nalgene

Mel
07-23-2003, 11:05 PM
Hey guys, thought you might like to hear about a new titanium pot/cup from Snow Peak. It's called the Trek 700 TI. It comes with fold away handles and a flat lid. It's not up on their website yet, but they have plenty in stock at $34.95 ea.. What's nice about this pot/cup, is that a wide mouth 1 liter Nalgene bottle fits perfect. And to top it off, the Nalgene, pot, and lid, all fit in our Liter Pouch Plus. I take the lid off and set it in the bottom of the pouch, then put in the Nalgene/pot combo. You can also put a Snow Peak titanium Spork under the elastic behind the Nalgene in the pouch. This is just one of the many uses for our Liter Pouch Plus.

Mel

Nimbo
07-25-2003, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the heads up, sounds like a real good product.

Sgathak
07-28-2003, 08:52 PM
I REAAAALLLLYYYYYY wish I had one of these last weekend.

thewolverine
07-29-2003, 07:12 AM
Mel,
Thanks for the tip! I guess one keep their load lite buy using the small Ti stoves as well. Did u receive the cards??
v/r,
M

thewolverine
07-29-2003, 07:16 AM
I must be ate up..."Keep ones load light by using a TItanium stove" as well..They are pretty rugged.
Sorry for the unintelligible response earlier.
M

eggroll
07-30-2003, 08:58 AM
Hey TW

Good to see you made it back on board

Looking to do another trip to Kifaruworld on 8/8 with USMC03 and Molsen

Trying to set up a time so that we can meet up with Patrick.

EGG

ibtrdia
07-30-2003, 10:11 AM
]Eggroll[

Why don't you take some pictures of your trip to Kifaru & put it up on Geardo.com

Group picture of you guys with the Kifaru staff, etc. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I don't think that majority of us can make it to Colorado as we are at the other part of the world.

eggroll
07-30-2003, 12:21 PM
Think we will have to do that /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

eggroll
07-30-2003, 12:22 PM
BTW your package is on the way, should get it within the next 4-6 days

EGG

ibtrdia
07-31-2003, 04:03 AM
]Eggroll[

Package received & GTG http://www.assaultweb.net/ubb/graemlins/jump.gif

Mel
08-04-2003, 10:11 PM
TW, thanks for the cards, I did get them.

Mel

TheSimpleton
08-05-2003, 10:11 AM
Mel--

What do you do with the lid while the bottle is in there?

Right now I have a PantherPrimitives Corn boiler and the lid/bail is da bomb. It's heavy and has a solder seam though. The 700 seems a better solution.

Does anyone have the pot/cup stacker which seems a bit bigger?

TS

Mel
08-05-2003, 10:46 PM
TS, the lid goes in the bottom of the pouch and the cup/pot sits on top of it.

Mel

pinepig5
10-14-2003, 10:55 PM
I have the Snow Peak Trek 700 (700ml) and one cool feature not mentioned is that the lid has a slot to pour out water like a kettle or drain noodles/ grains. I also have their gigapower stove and it is slick and folds really small. The piezo ignition is cool and the whole thing is 3 ounces. They also make a tiny lightweight lantern that could warm up a tent until you can afford a stove and tipi.

TheSimpleton
10-16-2003, 08:09 AM
As I wrote in another post, I took Mel's advice on this and bought one. The lid is a little flaky to keep on with your thumb (like when you shake it for popcorn) and the d-handles are not positive locks, but it is very well-made and a great fit.

The 700 and squeezable Nalgene (yes they do exist, the best piece of kit I own, I got the Gaylan's generic) shaves about 12 ounces from the Army canteen/cup/triox rig--about enough to justify the price. It also feels more stable packed and has the lid which the canteen pot doesn't. The nalgene also threads the MSR filter which is a fine item, if heavy and needs frequent cleaning.

Now we need the 700/nalgene holster for the pack, but the bottle is slightly loose in the pot so we'll have to figure how to keep it from falling out when I'm climbing 100' faces at Bonticou and spraining my ankle on the way down. Is that like the joke where you fell out of a 100' tree but only the last 12' feet of it?

TS