PDA

View Full Version : NE Winter Rendezvous 2009 - Chow Call!!

PA Scott
01-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Alright winter campers, let's put our palates to the test & plan the chow for the upcoming Rendezvous.

Traditionally, we've had some early arrivals on Thursday evening. I'd be proud to bring along some PA venison hot dogs w/ sauerkraut & baked beans like last year to edge off the hunger pangs after the hike in. I'll also have some smoked cheese & bear sausage for snacks, and can put together a pot of venison stew if we need to cover another meal or two later in the weekend.

That leaves the meals & snacks for Friday, Saturday & Sunday open.

Perhaps we should also get a final head count for each day for portion planning purposes.

Chime in, crew!!

PA Scott

Ken
01-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Patrick and I will be there Thursday.

I'll have the standard Lasagna on hand.

I'd like to remind everyone to bring in PAPER plates/cups if they are going to be packing that sorta thing. It's easier to burn that stuff on site than lug it all back out as trash.

William Clunie
01-02-2009, 08:00 PM
My goodness, I'd crawl in on hands and knees to try some of that lasagna again.
I've got to make this a last minute decision about coming or not. If the work is here in Maine, I gotta stay. It's a weird thing for me to say, but I hope I won't have any work that weekend. If I'm called to guide snowmobilers, I have to go.

BUT . . . I'm planning on coming. And if I do, I'll make a huge batch of moose stew, and bring some moose sausage too.

I'll know for sure the Monday before February 7th.

Andy_in_NH
01-10-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm bringing a few loaves of Amish friendship bread.

If anyone would like a starter mixture and the recipe, let me know and I'll bring some of those also.

Woods Walker
01-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Crazy Hungarian meats, rolls and red onions.