PDA

View Full Version : Intro + request for pics

Pinky
07-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Hey everyone,
First of all let me introduce myself. Some of you might recognize me from the lightfighter forums (I'm Pte.Pinky there). I live in Montreal, Canada, where I'm a student and reservist. I have a serious kit fetish and can never get my greedy little hands on enough HSLD gear.

Which brings me to my question: does anyone have a picture of a medium pod mounted to the front of a lightfighter RAID? I ordered a pod about a week ago and I'm just wondering how well it will work for strapping a sleeping bag to my RAID.

Cheers,
Pinky

seigi
07-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Glad to see you here too Pinky.

Mel
07-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Hey Pinky, welcome aboard! I don't have any pics of a Pod on a RAID, but can tell you that it will work well out on the front of your RAID.

Mel

Pinky
07-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Wow, my first thread and Mel replied! I feel like a giddy schoolgirl /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Thanks for the info, I'm looking forward to receiving it. If it arrives before next monday I'll be ecstatic, we're going to the range and I'd love to show it off /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

And a howdy to you too, Seigi.

Cheers,
Pinky

Sigo
07-17-2006, 06:10 PM
I don't have a picture either but I have used both in that configuration and it worked fine. They worked well together for short trips and alot of riding, walking, waiting, walking, riding, etc.. In my opinion the medium pod stuck out too far and threw off the center of gravity too much to be comfortable for anything else. I would not have been comfortable carrying that combo very far. I used it travelling from A'stan to Germany and back again and it worked very well for that mission. Now, attached to something with better suspension such as a marauder I think it's be fine for longer durations. I havent tried that set up yet but I'm sure I will at some point.
And welcome to the Kifaru board Pinky!

Pinky
07-17-2006, 06:21 PM
Sigo,
Thanks for heads up. I don't plan on using it for any long marches, more for bus-shacks-bus kinda stuff. Like doing an overnight at the range when a ruck isn't necesary but a sleeping bag is.

Cheers,
Pinky

Sigo
07-17-2006, 06:38 PM
Should work well for you then. Sounds like the perfect role for that set up.

Pinky
07-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Just received my pod, I'll post pics of it on my RAID asap. It's a little smaller than I expected, but that's actually a good thing, it's the perfect size. I just attached it to my RAID with my 4-season jacket (Canadian issue, meaning it's much bigger and heavier than it needs to be) inside, and it's a perfect fit. It will be great for keeping my jacket/fleece/ranger blanket (aka poncho liner) where it can be easily accessed on patrol.

Thanks Kifaru!

Cheers,
Pinky