PDA

View Full Version : ZXR Hydration Options

Thommo
07-06-2006, 01:34 AM
OK here I am patiently (impatiently actually) waiting for my ZXR to arrive /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif (only ordered 10 days ago) and doing some homework. I have just been playing with a Zulu pack at a friends place (thanks Chris H) and noticed that the slot pockets are 9" on the sides and 12" for the front slot which had me concerned as this is a bit tight on the side slots for 3 litre bladders. I thought the Zulu was just a shorter version of the ZXR in this department. I have now checked the details on the Kifaru Site and the ZXR slots are quoted as 10.5" on the sides and 9" for the front slot. Can some one confirm this is correct /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif ? Is this an improvement carried over onto the ZXR or some other reason and does this mean Zulus will adopt this configuration at some time in the future (may be of interest to some?) I hope to use the side slots on my ZXR to carry 3 litre bladders on each side (one of the main reasons I selected a ZXR).

Whilst I have the combined experience of all u geardo's I am thinking of purchasing some new 3 litre bladders to use on the above ZXR (my old Bladders are giving up after 10 years of abuse). I would like to know how well the Camelbak Hotshot 3 litre (100 oz) bladders would go in either side slot of a ZXR? (I can then still use these externally or with other equipment when/if required. I will need to be able to slide them in out on a fairly regular basis to resup water, they also need to have a protective/heavy duty shell as often for resup I may have to move with them away from pack or give to others to use/fill and they need to be more than "soldier proof" in the environment that I will be working.

I will have to mail order from Australia posibly so if you can recomend something other than Camelbak Hotshot (must have same/similar features, +shut valve, insulated tube etc) please give me the heads up on a supplier. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

militarymoron
07-06-2006, 05:55 AM
yes, that configuration for the ZXR is correct. you should have no problem fitting 3L bladders sleeves like the hotshot or packteen in the side slots of the ZXR.