PDA

View Full Version : Just Checking in...

Raven67
06-30-2006, 07:35 AM
Greetings,
I'm new to this board, and thought that I would introduce myself. I am a retired Aviator (Blackhawk driver), CW4, United States Army. I am now flying EMS in Northern California. I own a couple of Kifaru products and I have to say "they are the best packs that I have owned"! This addiction (Kifaru) is going to get ugly…

I would also like to take the time to thank all of you who are deployed and on active duty. Thanks for a job well done. I am proud of my career with the military and even prouder of the job that they are doing right now. Kudos’ and Salute's to each and every one of you.

Stay safe, keep your head on a swivel, and enjoy the camaraderie and fellowship of those around you.

R67

Chucker
06-30-2006, 08:11 AM
Welcome, Raven. Good to hear you're still flying (keeps the addiction in check).

Do you fly out of Moffett at all? Just wondering if that's your red evac helicopter I see during my lunch time runs on the Stevens Creek levee.

seigi
06-30-2006, 09:12 AM
I just registered as well, I didn't want to start another thread for it so hi to everyone.

Raven67
06-30-2006, 09:20 AM
Chucker,

Thanks, I fly for CALSTAR, the Black, White, and Teal colored helicopters. The Red guys are another provider in the area.

BrooklynBen
06-30-2006, 12:16 PM
seigi , Raven67 Welcome to "Camp Kifaru" where we never seem to run out of new 'camp' projects, good 'stories' or new "goodies" to spend all your allowance on! /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Good to have you both on-board.

seigi
06-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks Ben, I was looking at Kifaru's site for awhile but I never checked out the forum. I thought it was about time to take a look then I decied to join in on the fun.

One question though, I can't seem to find how to get notified of responses on a thread?

Mel
06-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Welcome Raven and seigi! I've had great conversations with both of you recently on the phone, and am happy to see you guys here on the message board. This is a great spot for info sharing, and to keep up on the latest happenings with Kifaru. Looking forward to your input.

Mel

BrooklynBen
07-01-2006, 06:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by seigi:
One question though, I can't seem to find how to get notified of responses on a thread? </div></div>That doesn't seem to be an option in this forum, so most of us just regularly check-in when it's convenient.

seigi
07-01-2006, 07:37 PM
Thanks Ben, that's what I thought. Well, just makes for a good excuse to surf the site /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Ubique
07-03-2006, 01:08 AM
Welcome aboard guys

Patrick
07-03-2006, 07:47 AM
Howdy seigi and Raven67, and please excuse my manners...been a little tardy about keeping up with doin's here lately.

BTW, Raven, the quote from Teddy is as appropo nowadays as it ever was--probably more so. Thanks for including it with your posts. Good reminder, that.

Raven67
07-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Patrick,

Thanks much. Here is the entire quote from his speach in Paris Sorbonne, 1910.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes up short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."

THEODORE ROOSEVELT
Paris Sorbonne, 1910

Happy Independance Day.

R67

eggroll
07-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Since we're talking about Teddy...

Here is a transcript of a letter he wrote back in 1901, as he was visiting Colorado members of the 1USV

-EGG

Colorado Springs
Aug 4th 1901

I have come here partly to speak at the quarter centennial of Colorado as a state, partly to meet the men of my old regiment, the 1st USV cavalry, or Roughriders, at whose head I fought in the Spanish War. They are a splendid set of men, these grim hunters and miners of the mountains, these wild riders of the plains; with many and grave faults, but essentially men; fearless, steeled to the endurance of fatigue and hardship, resolute and hardy, loyal, and for all their ferocity in fight, yet gentle to women and children. I hope that a century hence their descendants, though gaining in all humanizing ways, though gentler and more refined, will not lose the whipcord fibre, the iron strength and courage of these pioneers and sons of pioneers. We cannot in the long run afford to have our people less than men; nor yet can we afford to have them other than good men.

I have with me the Memoirs of Marbot, the Saga of Burnt Njal, and Longfellow's poems; and I am about to start with the grayhounds for a wolf hunt. May you who chance to read this enjoy life as much as I have enjoyed it; and work as hard!

Theodore Roosevelt
Vice President USA

Patrick
07-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Yes! Nice goin' Egg. Thanks for the post. I have been unaware of that speech.

Raven67
07-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Nice Eggroll,

I had not read that one.

R67