PDA

View Full Version : REMF Navigator use in Afghanistan

joelies
06-22-2006, 03:28 AM
howdy all,
with all these pic of kit in serious use, i thought i would add to the fray. since i have been relegated to being a deployed REMF, my kit has had to be downgraded to lunchbox status. mind you, my Navigator is the most sturdy, comfortable PX shopping cart i have ever owned. i just cant get enough tea...

set your phasers to flame...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d33/joelies/kifarulunchbox.jpg

wookieJS
06-22-2006, 06:57 AM
OH well no everyone can be combat arms, atleast u're part of the Kifaru gang.

BuckarooMedic
06-22-2006, 07:23 AM
Joelies -

Nice ruck. Don't worry man, I don't think there are really any REMFs anymore.

Take care and keep your head down.

Hanzo
06-22-2006, 08:59 AM
I looked at that picture and thought to myself "who would make a drink called Alimony?"

I need more coffee.

Lone Piper
06-22-2006, 02:33 PM
Hey brotha, you're there doing the voodoo!! No REMFs on this battlefield! Be safe and enjoy the Navigator! I took my marauder to Iraq with me and loved it!

murphquake
06-23-2006, 07:09 AM
jl,
Bouncing Souls or Say Anything reference? (Or both?)
-bill

Sigo
06-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Hey bro, I'm a kifaru equipped REMF too, no shame in that, I guess somebody has got to do it. Some choose to and some don't, just try to keep a Soldier's mindset and don't fall into the non-shootin, fatass internet surfing, desk riding REMF way of life. Nice Navigator!

Thommo
06-23-2006, 05:37 PM
OK fellas, I can keep up with most of your stars and stripes, mom's apple pie jargen but what is a REMF? I would imagine that it is the equivalent of our Aussie POGO? (From the early English military of "Posted On Garrison Orders").

fireballxl5
06-23-2006, 09:12 PM
I'm seriously surpised you haven't heard of REMF before Thommo, I've heard other Aussie AJs use it.

Rear Echelon Mother... .

Re POGO - I understood it was rhyming slang as in what starts with 'P', rhymes with "pogo stick" and is used to describe the male genitalia?

One of us is being told fuphies.
/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Thommo
06-23-2006, 10:37 PM
I think it is a generation gap thing!

Perhaps I need to start a post for acroynms on this site, there must be some old farts out there like me who can't keep up with all this new lingo!

imported_Scott Cunningham
06-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Dont sweat the REMF stuff. I'm a combat arms guy, and you are a hell of a lot closer to the **** that I am.

Stay safe.

wookieJS
06-25-2006, 08:24 AM
WHat do u mean "Generation Gap" my dad was using that term since Vietnam, and it's stil being used today in the Army atleast. Although it has gone a bit to the wayside as FOBITS has become quite popular over here in the sandbox. And to think my wife always said i was wasting my time on sioghts liek this, i helped someone learn somehting new.

Chewy

fireballxl5
06-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Wookie:

Thommo and I are in a different country.

So the generation gap he refers to I think is from one generation of Diggers to another, not one generation of GIs to another.

joelies
07-02-2006, 08:10 AM
sometimes i get to use my kit...(just wanted to brag!!!)
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d33/joelies/kifaruonback.jpg

Navigator, 2x long pockets, e&e, scout (piggybacked)