PDA

View Full Version : Webbing color used on Multicam packs?

Scollins
06-01-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm planning on ordering an EMR in Multicam, and I want coyote brown webbing. But from some of the pictures I've seen, it looks like tan webbing is used instead. This often looks rather "pink", and I feel it is too bright to work with Multicam very well.

Here is a picture showing "pinkish" webbing:
http://thedimarcos.org/Kinsman/images/DSC00321_edited-1.jpg
This pack is owned by a member over at Lightfighter.net.

It looks like the webbing on the long pockets is different than what was on the pack. I believe the pack is older and the long pockets were purchased recently.

Looking through some of the other MC pics here and at Military Morons, it appears that the webbing being used now is not quite as "pink", but still not quite a coyote brown. That could be an effect from the camera though.

Of course, looking through the Military Moron's site, I see that he used some acrylic paint to make the webbing match the pattern! Way cool, but also probably take WAY too much time.

Anyway, any feedback on the webbing color used for the MC packs? Was the tan/pink stuff used in the past and a more coyote brown color used now?

Here is a pic of my TT vest in MC with coyote webbing. Notice the "pinkish" blood type tape versus the coyote webbing.
http://home.comcast.net/~scott.collins4/TT_MC_IBA.jpg

doctorrich
06-02-2006, 02:14 AM
Scott,

that first photo of the "pinkish" webbing looks like a photo artifact to me. Both of my MC Kifarus have the coyote webbing like the vest above... no pink crap here :-)

fireballxl5
06-02-2006, 02:44 AM
I received a MC Kif in the last month the web was tan, not CB, and definately not pink.

I reckon whoever shot that top photo needs to set their white balance or something.

This thread (http://forums.kifaru.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001466) has tons of pics in different lighting conditions and camera settings.

SuperBadger
06-02-2006, 06:56 AM
Your computer monitor will also influence those colors a bit too. Photo color accuracy is always a problem. I haven't seen the coyote webbing up close, but I would deffinetly trust that it's the right color for the job....

militarymoron
06-02-2006, 07:55 AM
the pinkish webbing showed up on the earliest MC packs, but has been replaced with the more coyote shade for a while now. my MC marauder and pockets was one of the early ones, so that's why i painted the webbing. using a flash makes the pink hue stand out even more in photos.
as far as i know, all current MC stuff is the coyote stuff with no hint of pink. i snapped a pic of the molle webbing on the back of the 'early' MC long pocket i have, on top of the MC ZXR /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/militarymoron/webbing.jpg

Dan M
06-02-2006, 12:18 PM
MM has the mad skilz with the camera!

Gingerbread Man
06-02-2006, 12:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This pack is owned by a member over at Lightfighter.net.
</div></div>Yeah, that would be me. ;-) It doesn't look that pink in person. In any event, the dye-lot match of my webbing doesn't really bother me. My Pointman is he best pack I ever owned, period. I'll take Patrick Smith over Martha Stewart anyday ;-)

Regards,
Paul D.

Chucker
06-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Hey MM! You're a DIRTY RAT! (New ZXR)

Anyway, just curious about 'old' vs. 'current' in MM's pic. I've also noticed that MC seemed to have changed a bit over time as well. The older stuff I have seems more vibrant in color. The newest stuff seems more 'faded'.

Can anyone comment? Was this a conscious decision by Caleb?

fireballxl5
06-02-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm seeing what appears to be MC "vibrancy" (I think the corect term might be saturation, but I'm not 100% sure) variation as well.

My order arrived with most everything (pack, pockets) in the more "faded"/subdued colours, except the E&amp;E which was a lot more vibrant/saturated.

I got another set of pockets and another E&amp;E and guess what?
Same deal.
All the pockets were subdued but the E&amp;E was still more saturated/vibrant.

In both cases the items were ordered and arrived in the same consignment. Both batches arrvied within 2 months of each other.

With the first batch I just assumed that the E&amp;E was made from a part of the roll/print that had the vibrant colour and that it probably faded across the print on the roll, but when it happened twice I assume different (and fairly varied) batches of MC over time.

I'm not sure which is old and which is new MC, since I got items of both in two separate consignments, but there does seem to be a variation in colour saturation, presumably over time.

militarymoron
06-02-2006, 05:48 PM
the variation in MC cordura fabric is just like variations you see in other cordura, even from the same manufacturer. with seven colours, it's even harder to keep the colours consistent from lot to lot. another reason for MC fabric variation in tones is that 3 different printers/suppliers for the cordura were used at the one time to produce the MC cordura. so, what you're seeing is printer-to-printer variances as well. crye is now using one supplier instead of three, for more consistent colours.

imported_Scott Cunningham
06-03-2006, 12:02 AM
A little dirt and dust will make everything look just fine.