PDA

View Full Version : Fabric Samples

oktec60
05-30-2006, 08:13 PM
We need some we could mail around to see which fits our needs/likes the best. This going back and forth trying to make a choice for the EMR I want to order is driving me nuts. Anybody else trying to decide? I think it's between CB or MC at least today.

Mike

straps
05-30-2006, 09:18 PM
1 vote for Multicam.

Doesn't even look like evil military guy camouflage in the city; more like the stylized patterns snowboard companies do when they're going for that "military look." I'm waiting for Egg to velcro a Burton Snowbard patch on his latest creation.

Or you can make up cool J. Peterman-type stories about it at the airport (Oh this old thing? Long story short, I encountered a lost squad of Luxembourg Defense Force troopers on my way to my alpine timeshare chalet. They were more than happy to lighten their load in exchange for a case of brandy.)

But the really cool thing? Completely disappears in the wild. It's freaky how something that's so distinctive can become so inconspicuous when you need/want it to.

Have you seen this thread? (http://forums.kifaru.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001284)

My MC ZXR is inbound. Can't freakin' wait.

oktec60
05-31-2006, 05:32 PM
I saw that post, it is a pretty good looking setup. Are you going to post some picks when the ZXR arrives?

Mike

straps
05-31-2006, 11:22 PM
Got it today. Amazing piece of kit.

Pix in the next week or so.

Unless I can devise a premise for topping the Grocery Store Test (http://forums.kifaru.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001443) .

BrooklynBen
06-01-2006, 08:00 AM
oktec60- the easy answer is that it all depends on the purpose and environment in which you think you will be using it most often.

I'm a geezer now, so I have an CB EMR. It absorbs less solar heat in the summer, looks less threatening to gorp munching civilians and dirt stains only make it look better. If for some wild reason I suddenly needed the kit to be more camouflaged, a few hits with a spray would easily make it 'good to go'.

However, that MC sure is "purdy" /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Personally, I think it's the best looking of all the available materials.

oktec60
06-01-2006, 03:29 PM
I will probably settle for CB since everything else I have is CB and it works well around here. But that MC sure does look ***y. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

BB, "geezer" is mostly a state of mind and yours seems anything but geezery!

Mike

Woods Walker
06-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Ben.

Did you get grommets for your EMR? Going with MC do to coolness factor.

I did like Dan's EMR. Lots of pockets however. I like to keep the number down. This way I carry less pack weight and take more time to consider my gear. But looks like Dan has that pack stuffed so maybe he needs them still it is so hard to move though brush with a wider pack. The Molle pack with side pockets is a classic case of opps I am stuck between two trees.

But I do like lots of pockets on smaller overnight/3 daypacks.

oktec60
06-02-2006, 06:46 PM
"so hard to move though brush with a wider pack"

I you're wider than the pack its not to big a problem. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Mike