PDA

View Full Version : The whistles go WOOO WOOOOO!

murphquake
05-16-2006, 01:39 AM
So my batch of toys arrived yesterday afternoon while I was sleeping... got up around 0100 (it's like sleeping in if you work nights =-) and opened up the pretty brown box to find my tax return self presents:

a Marauder,
an E&E,
a Stash-It,
set of Ultralight Pull-Outs,
set of Snap Clips,
Kifaru Patches to pimp with (stickers too!),
GPS pouch (oops, I ordered universal not MALICE, seems my email to correct that never went though... anyone in the market while I order another?),
a Repair Kit (why no hanging loop on the pullout it came in? strange, no?),
and a Shoulder Sling (wrong color, I'd called, and I believe I put it in the comments, but they're not in the email I got back and, again, the email I sent to confirm that seems not to have gone through as I have delivery failures for "customerservice" and "orders" AtKifaruDotNet.... Hadn't realized it hadn't gone through...)

Everything is in coyote brown except for the sling which is OD but was supposed to be black. I think I'll keep it anyway.

Looks like I'll be calling today to order another gps pouch and sling, and I'm sure I'll come up with a list of other stuff I've just gotta have... (Janice, wanna make the CLS E&E or HVLP?!? ;-D )

To go with the pack I have a Supply Captain/AITES Claymore/Ordnance/Medical/GP bag, a Tactical Tailor First Responder Bag and a TT 1H Horizontal Accessory Pouch, all in coyote as well.

The black shoulder sling is going to go on the black TT FRB I currently have in my car, just tried the OD one on the coyote FRB and I really like it for a little extra stability for a buttpack or side carry...snugs up the bag very nicely, and much better as just a shoulder strap than the 2" webbing belt on the FRB.

On the topic of the FRBs, the black one I got has PALS on the front and sides (shears pouch on top for both) like the ACU ones TT has pictured on the site recently, and the waist belt is removable via a pair of 2" tri-glides (still has the tunnel behind the MALICE bars to stash the belt as well) After I got that one I ordered a coyote one to go with the pack and it has the old set up of 2" webbing running around the front and sides of the bag and then trailing off to make the belt. IMNSHO this is a far inferior solution and I'm planning on replacing it when I can get a confirmation that they've changed over to PALS on the coyote ones as well.

Thanks to all the boys and girls involved, the Marauder is great, still wish I'd never given up the first one, and I'm really liking the E&E, I'll probably be setting it up for its intended role and stashing it, but I can see it becoming an EDC bag easily as well (though the knockoff of the camelbak HAWG I take to work every day now is pretty usefull, and about the same size... which is why the E&E will be dedicated to survivor gear and not crap for work.... My cousin's digital camera is on top of the TV so I'm going to see if I can snap a few pics and upload to photobucket to post.
-bill

jensenmk
05-16-2006, 07:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> GPS pouch (oops, I ordered universal not MALICE, seems my email to correct that never went though... anyone in the market while I order another?) </div></div>I have a universal in MC I'll trade you.

supersixfour
05-16-2006, 10:32 AM
pimp up you rig &amp; show us what you got.

murphquake
05-17-2006, 05:42 AM
Jensen,
Too late... started playing and mounted it on the Marauder's left shoulder strap and am leaving it there... Still gonna get a malice one as well. Thanks anyway =-)

S64... need to go dig out the remains of my life to pack it with... I think I'm gonna try to set up the E&amp;E as an EDC thing and dedicate the hawg ripoff i mentioned to work stuff (aka crap for spending 16 hours in an ambulance who knows how far away from my car!) Pic taking expedition didn't pan out well... probably because I was sleeping.
-bill

murphquake
05-18-2006, 09:06 AM
So I ordered the black shoulder sling (and a coyote one) and a Malice GPS pouch and a medium pod.... And somehow I stopped then. The wait begins =-) Time to call TT about the PALSy FRBs in CB.
-bill