PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Bag Review

soup
05-10-2006, 06:49 AM
I think I finally found a sleeping bag that fits my needs. I recently purchased a Big Agnes Encampment and I have been very pleased with it. I'm a skinny guy but I do a lot of tossing and turning when I sleep. Mummy bags have always been too confining for me. However I love the warmth, small pack size, and light weight of many mummy style bags. If you own a Big Agnes, you know that they donít have any insulation on the bottom of the bag. They are designed with a sleeve to insert your sleeping pad. This feature reduces the weight of the bag and also keeps your bag from sliding off your pad at night when you roll around. The Encampment is very warm for my needs and I can roll around as much as I like. I would imagine these bags would also be great for larger guys. Another reason I decided to go with the Encampment was for its synthetic fill. Iím in an area that is wet a lot of the year so down was not an option for me. The Encampment is pretty light, packs pretty small, comfy and warm, and can be bought for just over $100 bucks. Hopefully one of these days when I have more money Iíll be able to stuff this bag in a sweet Kifaru pack.

~Soup

Gizzmo
05-11-2006, 04:37 AM
I use a BA Lost Ranger 15 degree Down.
I love it. Very comfortable.

Levi
05-18-2006, 07:07 AM
I'm going on my third season with an Encampment. As soup pointed out it's a very roomy bag. Combined with their Air Core pad it's almost like sleeping at home.

Levi