PDA

View Full Version : NW Rondy Questions, and Introduction

Marion D Poff
07-22-2008, 12:55 AM
Howdy,

I heard about all this hubub through my friend, herein named 'idaho lad' ( a stranger moniker, no less....) and I will be coming to this rondy thingamajigger....

The name is Marion, and I live in North Idaho, I own Kifaru, though only some stuff sacks, or whatever they are called.....

More into knives than anything else.....

Back on topic.... I will be accompanying 'idaho lad' to this gathering.... Bushcraft, can you you email me the directions, so I can procure a map? mdpoff at yahoo.com.

Is there going to be any bartering going on at this meeting? If so, should I bring some goods?

Any gear or supplies that anyone would like brought, to be gazed upon and fondled?

PS: I just wrote a little something about my experience of this very night. http://spokane.craigslist.org/vnn/764887216.html

Marion David Poff

Bushcraft
07-22-2008, 03:53 AM
Directions sent! Let me know if you do not receive them.

See you there.

Allen

Marion D Poff
07-22-2008, 10:26 AM
I got em.

Thanks.

I have a katatdyn 2l gravity filter, you think it would come in handy?

Bushcraft
07-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Sure. Bring it. They are very handy...especially for main camps and for groups. This is an opportunity for everyone to check out what everyone else is using.

Thanks in advance for the contribution of a piece of gear that others might not yet have experience with.

Allen

idaho lad
07-23-2008, 02:28 PM
Knives eh?

Why don't you call me on the telle Marion.

Marion D Poff
07-24-2008, 01:00 AM
I will have them with me, when I see you tomorrow....

: )

Marion D Poff
07-24-2008, 01:01 AM
It is in...

I will have it with me.

M

Marion D Poff
07-24-2008, 01:02 AM
Oh, by the way....

I will be bringing my sharpening equipment, to the trainhead, so I may be able to sharpen a knife or three in addition to whatever I need to have sharpened of mine.

This will most likely not be read by anyone, but I thought I would post it....

Randy
07-24-2008, 06:33 AM
Marion,

I'll bring a couple of knives you can hone up if you don't mind. Maybe I can pick up some pointers, I suck at sharpening and any help I can get is welcome. Looking forward to meeting you this weekend.