PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose?

Lone Piper
04-17-2006, 05:13 AM
I know this is always a touchy topic but here's my question. I already own a CB Zulu and LOVE the pack. I'm looking to switch over to ACU since its the new uniform. Should I

a) Get a new Zulu with XTL or

b) Get a pointman

What do you guys think?

Lone Piper
04-17-2006, 07:46 AM
BTW, I've got an ACU ZXR on order. My wife is sick of me talking about it so I figured I'd ask guys with the same addiction...KIFARU!

Nathan C
04-17-2006, 08:15 AM
If you got a ZXR on order, just get an XTL and pouches in ACU for your Zulu. It'll cover up enough and you won't have to buy a new pack and you can swap pockets from pack to pack.

There really is no reason to get a pointman in my opinion. You've already got that size and frame capacity covered. You've got your large and medium rucks(ZXR, Zulu) now you need an assault pack(Express or Marauder) and potentially a scout depending on your mission.

That's just me though.

wolfmen
04-17-2006, 08:23 AM
Will you sell your CB Zulu?
if not, i will choose pointman, then you can have ZXR, Zulu and pointman.

But if you will sell it. I will choose ACU zulu, then you can have WrapTech Suspension and Omni Suspension.

"My wife is sick of me talking about it "
ha..ha... i understand your situation. So, i also don't talk this with my girlfriend.

Lone Piper
04-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Thanks guys. Nate, already have a Marauder and just got an ACU express so you're right...I'm set in that category!

Any other thoughts? I'm glad there are other junkies out there!

Olive Drab
04-17-2006, 03:42 PM
I like the top loader, get the new zulu. used pointman may be cheaper/quicker though.

Dan M
04-18-2006, 07:55 AM
ZXR covers the Pointman size pack. If you truly MUST get another pack /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif get the Zulu in ACU. There really is no substitute for "blending in" in the uniformity department. And the Zulu, as you know, is a great medium pack.

Lone Piper
04-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Hey Dan, you always NEED another Kifaru pack! Thanks for the advice guys! Right now I'm definately leaning toward the ACU Zulu with a the XTL.

Lone Piper
04-22-2006, 10:13 AM
ACU Zulu ordered with XTL...thanks for the advice guys!!!