PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful pictures of a Scout on a Japanese website

FusilierDeMontagne
06-08-2003, 07:55 AM
The Kifaru website is fantastic, MilitaryMoron's pages are positively gorgeous /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif but there are also quite nice pictures of the Scout on the Aggressor Group website.

Kifaru Scout Back Pack on Aggressor Group (http://www.aggressor-group.com/websales_p203.htm)

Aggressor Group Website (http://www.aggressor-group.com)

Strangely enough, they sell the Scout with 2 back pouches & 1 claymore pouch!?! Is it practical/possible to put back pouches on the side of Kifaru backpacks? I wonder... /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Anyway their pictures are very useful to have a better idea of how a Scout looks like.

Christoph

Mel
06-08-2003, 12:34 PM
You can't put the Back Pouches on the sides of the EMR/MMR, but you can on the Scout and Pointman. You could also mount them on the sides of the Marauder and Navigator, but would have to span the zipper on the panel. Because of the Dock and Lock feature, this wouldn't pose much of a problem, just click open the SR buckles on the panel side and unzip the panel. Whether mounting the Back Pouches on the sides is practical or not, depends entirely on the user. Hope this helps.

Mel

Patrick
06-09-2003, 04:24 AM
Welcome, Christoph, and thanks for putting up the link to Aggressor Group; I hadn't been there in a while and I note their pictorial review of the Scout is quite thorough. (Special kudos to Military Moron, another outstanding photographer.) The Scout was designed to accept a great deal of extra capacity via our pockets. And without resorting to butt-constricting bottom-mounted methods. However, with the compression straps one CAN do it, and it can be undone quite quickly too--just loosen the compression straps and remove the pocket, or ANY object you have stowed there. Very flexible system, you see.

I thoroughly enjoy communicating with warriors from around the world. The Internet still has me amazed and delighted. Keep up the correspondence, Christoph. And again, welcome.

Patrick

militarymoron
06-11-2003, 10:06 AM
christoph and patrick - thank you very much for the kind words; it is much appreciated.

yep, aggressor group has some of the best reference photos i've seen for gear and equipment. they really show the different features of the products they carry.

cheers,
MM

Nimbo
06-11-2003, 01:13 PM
It blows my mind how such a tiny pack like a scout can just ballon out and hold soo much more. Great stuff

ibtrdia
07-06-2003, 08:01 AM
It reminds me of a souped up Mountainsmith Day pack with pals minus the bottle holder.

Sgathak
07-06-2003, 08:48 PM
Theres a reason behind that /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

eggroll
07-07-2003, 02:41 PM
In that Patrick Smith started Mountainsmith packs many many many packs ago.

ibtrdia
07-09-2003, 07:17 PM
]Eggroll[

Yep, been using MS packs for quite some time now.

eggroll
07-10-2003, 11:31 AM
The scout is more reminescent of a souped up BC Office than a Day pack. Now if I could only convince Kifaru to include the interior flap mesh pocket into the scout design as it is in the BC office pack.

I have to store my lexan cutlery somewhere :-) /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

My second college panel loader was the BUGABOO, used for 1.5 years before going to an Eagle AIII.
Still have a soft spot for the old school design especially in all RAZOR black. The colorations and design today as opposed to circa 1995-6 leave much to be desired from my perspective.

EGG