PDA

View Full Version : EMR External Pouches

Hispeedal1
04-11-2006, 05:58 PM
I am trying to decide what external pouches to get for my EMR. I just want to amke it easier to get to certain items (food, mattress, small items).

Does anyone have pics of an EMR with external pouches?

Which pouch is it?

How does it attach (doc and loc, PALS, etc.)?

Thanks guys.

CavScout
04-11-2006, 09:19 PM
I don't have an EMR (yet), but you can never go wrong with the hybrid PALS/dock-n-lock Long Pockets. They're my favorite.

wolfmen
04-12-2006, 01:10 AM
Don't forget the E&E.

I think it also good for your food, mattress, small items.

And i think you also can find a pics in the web.

Smackdaddyj
04-12-2006, 06:49 AM
I don't have any pics available, but I have double long pockets on mine and they use the D&L system. The EMR is specifically designed to carry them on the side. If you are really looking to load up you can add 2-liter pouches to the Sleeping bag compartment sides and still have room to put a Malice Claymore on the back of the sleeping bag compartment. That still leaves enough room for 1 or 2 more long pockets on the top center, side-by-side. You can top it off with a D&L claymore on the lid and a POD on bottom...ok, maybe this is excessive, and I am not sure if any human could carry all that.

My prefered setup is:

EMR with 2 Long pockets
Cargo Chair
Scout piggybacked on lower portion
Ammo pouch on top lid/bandoleer
Sometimes I put a rigged up Camelbak in the back center and sometimes I just strap it under the top lid.

Of course that are unlimited other options, but that is how I normally have things set up and we are talking about quite a bit of weight.

Hope this helps you. You definately can not go wrong with the long pockets with the EMR. Even if you don't use them, you can send them to me...I mean take them off till you need them.

Smackdaddyj

Hispeedal1
04-12-2006, 07:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Smackdaddyj:
I don't have any pics available, but I have double long pockets on mine and they use the D&amp;L system. The EMR is specifically designed to carry them on the side. If you are really looking to load up you can add 2-liter pouches to the Sleeping bag compartment sides and still have room to put a Malice Claymore on the back of the sleeping bag compartment. That still leaves enough room for 1 or 2 more long pockets on the top center, side-by-side. You can top it off with a D&amp;L claymore on the lid and a POD on bottom...ok, maybe this is excessive, and I am not sure if any human could carry all that.

My prefered setup is:

EMR with 2 Long pockets
Cargo Chair
Scout piggybacked on lower portion
Ammo pouch on top lid/bandoleer
Sometimes I put a rigged up Camelbak in the back center and sometimes I just strap it under the top lid.

Of course that are unlimited other options, but that is how I normally have things set up and we are talking about quite a bit of weight.

Hope this helps you. You definately can not go wrong with the long pockets with the EMR. Even if you don't use them, you can send them to me...I mean take them off till you need them.

Smackdaddyj </div></div>That probably sounds like the best idea for me. Two long pockets on the sides sounds like the most balanced method.

Thanks.

Olive Drab
04-12-2006, 10:47 AM
would 2 back pouches work?>

Nathan C
04-12-2006, 01:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Olive Drab:
would 2 back pouches work?> </div></div>Should. It works on the Zulu.