PDA

View Full Version : A question for Mel and friends...

CavScout
04-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Mel

I am about to order a Zulu with a regular top and am wondering how much you guys are willing to modify the pack. Here's what I want to do (remember this is just a normal Zulu, not a ZXR):

PALS:
Add PALS to the bottom, 4 rows x 8 channels
Add 3 more rows of PALS to the top, to make it 6 rows x 8 channels
Add PALS to both sides of the top, "sideways", 3 rows x 2 channels
Add PALS to the collar, 4 rows x 20 channels

Zippers:
One zipper above the bottom seam of the pack, approximately 6 channels across, for bottom access

I bought a Marauder in Iraq, and it just wasn't quite right for what I was doing; a Zulu with these mods I think would be perfect. The main ones are the zipper and PALS on the bottom and collar. What can you guys do? I know it will cost extra.

Mel
04-07-2006, 08:06 PM
CavScout762, unfortunately, the shop is just too busy to do any custom work of that kind. They really are not set up to take on custom work, with all the effort going towards production. Every now and then you might see someone post pics of something that was modified slightly at the shop, but that was done when there was a lull in the production, and that doesn't happen very often. When it does, it is solely Janice at the shop that decides if she has the time, or wants to take the project on. Usually, any open time that Janice has away from production, is spent on R&D and prototype work for us. That's where the one man custom shops really come into play, as they don't have a production line to contend with, and are able to take on one off jobs.

Mel

CavScout
04-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Could I get PALS on the bottom if I beg? That's really the main one. I can have a buddy of mine do the collar.

lmalterna
04-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Tim,
I had a bloke from your area do some custom nylon work for me:
semperparatustactical@hotmail.com

Dan did a great job on a rifle scabbard I had in mind.

Bill

Mel
04-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Cav, you can try begging Janice at the shop /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif .

Mel

CavScout
04-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Will do. She managed to finish my Marauder in record time before I deployed...I'm really starting to owe her.

Janice
04-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Anything that involves a change of pattern, like adding zippers, we REALLY don't have the time to do.

CavScout
04-09-2006, 03:53 PM
PM Sent

Janice
04-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Didn't see a PM in my email.
Send it again.

CavScout
04-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Sent...Thanks.