PDA

View Full Version : a question for militarymoron

nut_sak_himself
04-06-2006, 06:32 PM
hey, i was wondering if that discount on zensah products you have listed on your website is still available through them. i really like the looks of the neck gaiter/skull cap combo. i saw that you requested they make them sans logos... have they responded in any way on any future production plans on this version? also, does the nack gaiter cause eyeware to fog up when breathing heavily like most balaclavas do without propper breathing holes? i ask only because you said the neck gaiter is much easier to breath through, but said nothing on the fogging of eyeware. just curious.

i was also wondering what your ultimate opinion on baselayers to be; what is the best product you have used for cold as well as hot weather. zansah, insport, arcteryx? i've been looking at snugpak's 2nd skinz and i would bet they are some quality stuff. i'd really, really like to get the arc'teryx rho from their leaf line since they use polartech exclusively on the the leaf line one. i don't suppose you hook it up with some leaf apparel could you???? /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif man, i'd love some multicam goretex paclite stuff!

thanks for your time and i'm looking forward to your opinions.

militarymoron
04-07-2006, 05:55 AM
zensah hasn't told me any different, so i believe the discount code is still good to go. they've taken my input into consideration, but it's just one guy's opinion - so it depends on the feedback of their other users as well. i didn't experience any fogging of my eyewear with the neck gaitor; the breath passes through easily enough - but doesn't mean there isn't that possibility under different conditions.
i haven't tried all products out there, obviously, so my experience and opinion is very limited. but from what i have, i've found zensah to be the most comfortable of the base layers i have (those on my site, and also other products like duofold (coolmax), underarmour). only nitpick is that the material is a bit snaggy.
sorry, i don't have that kind of LEAF hookup - you're on your own for that.

rambler_wannabe
04-07-2006, 08:17 AM
Another couple questions on the skull cap:

How does it compare to an UA helmet liner for thickness? same as the hot gear or cold?

Is it a flat seam on the band?

I use a UA hotgear skull cap under my MC helmet, but the seam for the elastic band rubs--leaves a nice red mark when I show up at the office.

militarymoron
04-07-2006, 09:05 AM
rambler, i don't have either of those UA products to compare, sorry.
i'll take a look at the seam when i get home from work, but i don't recall it being a concern.
i wear a coolmax skull cap/helmet liner under my motorcycle helmet, but it doesn't have flat seams so it used to leave a nice impression across my forehead when i took it off. i solved the problem by wearing it inside out with the seams on the outside. try that with yours - it may work. it's also more comfortable (for me).

rambler_wannabe
04-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks, I'll try that.

The UA is thin like most of the coolmax helmet liners. I lost my helmet liner in the middle of a road trip and had to pick one up in a mall so I ended up with a football helmet liner.

I have searched forever for a seamless helmet liner that wasn't a doo rag with tail.

CavScout
04-07-2006, 12:38 PM
rambler -

You may want to check out UnderArmor's tactical products. They make sweet hot and cold weather base layers (I use both) that won't overheat you, and have tight-fitting and loose-fitting kevlar liners that some of my buddies really like. They're built to last, too - I've had my shirts for two years+.

Site:
http://www.underarmour.com/Home.cfm?site_id=5

Balaclava:
http://www.underarmour.com/ProductDetail...p;pf_id=8000284 (http://www.underarmour.com/ProductDetail.cfm?site_id=5&dept_id=1&coll_id=333& pf_id=8000284)

rambler_wannabe
04-07-2006, 01:02 PM
thanks, cavscout

hotgear balaclava--that just sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it?

militarymoron
04-07-2006, 03:33 PM
just checked - all the seams on the zensah skull cap are nice and flat.

rambler_wannabe
04-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Thanks. Just ordered it, and yes the mm discount still works. I put the savings in the tip jar...

militarymoron
04-08-2006, 07:10 AM
thank you, rambler. i was wondering who that was /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

nut_sak_himself
04-08-2006, 10:48 PM
great, thanks!