PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for someone to Mod my Maurader?

AZRobbo
04-04-2006, 11:35 AM
I'd like to get some modifications done to my Marauder before a long trip I'm taking this summer. I'd like to do something like was done here:
http://forums.kifaru.net/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000968;p=1#0000 23

Of course I have a few changes over what he did. Price is not really a concern, I just would like it done right and to get it back by late May.

Any thoughts on who I should call? (I'm not .mil so I dont have any mil taylors to contact.)

I'm on the West Coast if that matters.

Thanks for any advice.
-- Rob.

murphquake
04-05-2006, 01:38 PM
West coast I'd try Eggroll, John Willis, Matt Campbell or Jon Nelson. Mike Dismuke (Desert Diz on other boards) would be a good bet, he did the work on the pack in the link, not sure where he's at these days. Lots of other good guys out there, probably more a matter of finding someone with the time to handle your project than finding someone good enough.
-bill

Medic17
04-07-2006, 03:18 AM
Murph who would you recomend for the east side of the states?

doctorrich
04-07-2006, 03:39 AM
Given shipping times, I don't think that it matters. I agree with Murph's choices, and I've personally seen Egg's and John's work. You can't go wrong with either.

murphquake
04-07-2006, 05:13 AM
East Coast is tougher, most of the 'comes to minds' are people too busy for this sort of work... Matt Johnson, Gene Higdon etc... (aka works for Eagle, owns HSGI, respectively) Anyone else know any good stitch witches (haha forum censor software!) on the Right Coast?
-bill

medicjim
04-07-2006, 08:17 AM
What would be involved in providing such a 'mods' service? I have the time and a bit of startup cash...is the skillset something that can be self taught?

Chuck45Ho
04-07-2006, 10:00 AM
Medicjim,

Email sent.

lmalterna
04-07-2006, 12:49 PM
medicjim,
You are one of the hardest working people I know!! But if you find the time, I can send you some things to start out on. I looked into it but no cash for a good walking foot.
Bill