PDA

View Full Version : Bladder pocket

Hanzo
03-30-2006, 08:11 PM
I was trying to figure out tonight how to pack my new Express and one of the issues I'm facing is how to supply water. The bladder pocket in the Express is quite a bit larger than is necessary for a 3 liter bladder, and I need to carry quite a bit more than 3 liters. So...I was thinking of getting a 6 liter dromidary bladder to go along with my normal 3 liter bladder. My question is, has anyone tried putting 9 liters of water into the bladder pocket? Does it fit? Does it max it out? I went to REI today and they didn't have any of the 6 liters in stock so I'll have to wait to actually try it out. It looks like it would work, but I figured I'd ask.

Spence
03-31-2006, 04:09 AM
I'm interested to see if they fit too. Were you able to try the MSR 4 liter bag? I assume that one would easily fit.

Hanzo
03-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Well, I picked up a 6 liter dromidary light today. Filled it to the absolute max as well as filling my 100oz camelbak to the absolute max. I was able to fit both of them in but JUST barely. The spout on the 6 liter had to be at the top. Still, I'm glad that I can get 9+ liters of water into the hydration bladder. It'll keep the heaviest portion of my load close to my body.

Spence
03-31-2006, 05:26 PM
cool, nice to know if I need the extra capacity.

Medic17
04-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Camel...

Hanzo
04-04-2006, 10:31 AM
Hehe, true.

But, out here, its rare to come across natural water. I'll use it if I can find it, but I've learned never to rely on finding it.