PDA

View Full Version : Got my BeyondTactical pants today.

Aimless
03-27-2006, 11:03 AM
And I can blame all of you for talking me into a pair of $ 150 BDU pants! /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I only tried them on and didn't have time to jump into Lake Ontario with them or anything like that yet. I thought for $ 150 I would be able to fly, or at least jump over tall buildings in a single bound.

The fit is good (of course) the ones I got are called something like "desert khaki" I think. They are darker than traditional khaki. The butt and knees are reinforced like bdu pants. There are two pockets on each leg, one in the traditional place and another, smaller, pocket near the ankle. I think the new Woolrich tactical pants have this pocket also. I was told that it is intended for use when sitting in a fixed position, like a machinegun emplacement. Unfortunately I do not yet have a machinegun.

The pockets are closed with velcro and have drain holes with stiched, not grommeted, edges on the pockets. There are two drain holes for each pocket. The pocket flaps are closed with velcro.

The waist is elastic, it does not have the buckle type adjusters like regular BDUs.

It does have belt loops, thank God, which some of these fancy hiking pants seem to lack. I have a somewhat similar pair of arcteryx'' (or however you spell it) pants they have no loops, just a little sissy built in belt like on little kid's swimming trunks.

Hopefully the weekend after this I'll get a chance to get out in the woods with them.

Nathan C
03-27-2006, 12:20 PM
As soon as my Emgen sweater came in, it got warm :rolleyes: It did cool off for a couple days and got to use it for a couple min for a CLS STX lane, but that was it. Seemed about as warm a my brown sweater, stopped the wind and no heat buildup. Definately wish I would of had this up in the gun. That brown sweater didn't stop the wind at all.

03-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Aimless.,

Funny that you started this thread on Beyond Tactical.
I missed a mail delivery today for a Cold Fusion Tactical Soft Shell. Have to pick it up tomorrow and give a report.

Res.

Dan M
03-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Yes, funny, since I have been emailing back and forth with Scott Jones on quantity requirements for a print run in Army universal camouflage. I am working on an equipment field plan for smal specialized teams. Thought I'd see if I could spec out some "special BDU/ACU" from Beyond.

Resistor, do tell us about your softshell and post some pics. Beyond Tactcial sent me fabric samples and I like what they sent me for the softshell, AWBDU, and CWBDU.