PDA

View Full Version : MOLLE pouches

TheJab
05-26-2003, 06:21 PM
I'm looking at expanding the utility of the MMR and Marauder by adding MOLLE pouches to the omni belts and inside the Marauder. I am looking at mainly utitilty pouches and medic pouches (relatively small - smaller than the 2qt canteen carrier/utility pouch) to carry smaller field items (mirror, compass, cam paint, bug juice etc) that would be readily available. Any good sources for these kinds of pouches? I've looked at the BHI S.T.R.I.K.E system, and like what they have, but their utility pouch has four sets of verticical MOLLE straps (i.e. pouch is pretty wide). Anyone used the M60/M249 pouches just for general utility, or are they just too "big" as well?

Sgathak
05-26-2003, 10:41 PM
I use a standard ALICE SAW pouch w/o the plastic liner for most of my day to day stuff out in the woods... mostly for its versatility. (Can hang it, run it through a belt loop, or clip it down) and find its size quite decent. I can stick it on ALICE or hang it off my BHI load bareing pack, or just run it through my belt and have the gear I *need* right there.

STRIKE, RACK, and the modular pouches from TacticalTailor are all good choices

eggroll
05-27-2003, 08:20 AM
If you want strike pouches, contact me offboard and I can tell you where you can get them fairly cheep.

Get the Strike SAW pouch with removable top.

Personally I run a mix of TT/Paraclete and EGL pouches on my Kifaru Gear. And a Kifaru Ute pouch on my Eagle RAID

EGG

David
05-29-2003, 07:17 PM
as I have talked to mel about this
I make custom molle type pouches if i can be of help
email me at blackoak73@hotmail.com
forr more infor
mel has see the pic of some of my gear

Ark Surfer
09-08-2003, 04:56 PM
I've just spent some time with Eagle's "M60" pouch, just right for a 100-rd belt but works for medium binocs and all sorts of other stuff as well... very good fit on the waist belt wings of a Scout. Eagle's usual quality, which you'd pretty well demand for the $42 price tag.

eggroll
09-10-2003, 01:01 PM
the SOB X6 pouches make great GP pouches that work well with M-packs and Scouts. Each can hold a folded poncho and other smaller ancilliary woobie items.