PDA

View Full Version : Another configuration picture request

ThePrepared_com
03-22-2006, 06:27 AM
A while a couple of you took a picture of your Emdom Wide Load pouch on a Scout. I was wondering if you could take a picture of that same Emdom pouch mounted sideways on a E&E?

doctorrich
03-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Can you mount a FWL sideways? I think you'd have to have a 90 degree PALS adaptor or something like that...

ThePrepared_com
03-22-2006, 10:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by doctorrich:
Can you mount a FWL sideways? I think you'd have to have a 90 degree PALS adaptor or something like that... </div></div>Thats a good point, I didnt even think about that. I guess you could put in some malice clips on the FWL and then attach the malice clips on the pack to the ones on the FWL.

eggroll
03-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Rich drop a line when you can

EGG

doctorrich
03-22-2006, 12:34 PM
Egg- tag. You're it. PM dropped.

TP.com- I've got a FWL and an E&amp;E. Let me play with it a bit... I think that it's possible if you have 6 or 8 large MALICE clips and a horizontal lash kit... hmmm... another excuse to go play with the gear.

ThePrepared_com
03-22-2006, 12:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by doctorrich:
Egg- tag. You're it. PM dropped.

TP.com- I've got a FWL and an E&amp;E. Let me play with it a bit... I think that it's possible if you have 6 or 8 large MALICE clips and a horizontal lash kit... hmmm... another excuse to go play with the gear. </div></div>I appreciate it greatly!

murphquake
03-22-2006, 05:21 PM
I've mounted a couple FWLs on assorted assaultpacks just for extra cargo room just by running the cinch straps on the packs through the rear webbing on the FWLs... if the straps are long enough I run them around the entire bag, if not I just do them with the bag sticking out from there... you can also clip the side cinch buckle through most carry handles for a little more security... I've also attached them just like that. The TT 90 degree adapters should allow this just fine.
-bill
P.S. Almost forgot! The bottom PALS on the FWLs are turned 90 degrees and you can use them for a MALICE mount with the zipper facing out from the pack... Just cant interweave the pals (I've run this with 4 Malice clips, works ok. Coulda used doubled panels of abutted PALS like the Drop-Leg hangers (shoulda called them "StrapHangers" very NYC =-) and had a proper weave with a buncha back to back malice clips.
-bill