PDA

View Full Version : Doin' the happy dance!

Hanzo
03-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Well, it ain't here yet, but I just talked to the wonderful folks at Kifaru and my pack shipped out yesterday and is expected to arrive on the 23rd. Which happens to be perfect timing because I'm going in for surgery that day so by the time the truck comes a'callin', I should be home all hopped up on pain killers. Oh happy day!

ThePrepared_com
03-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Oh sure! Pain Killers and Kifaru Gear! No Fair! /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I'm assuming you wont go to heavy on the drugs until we get our pics? By the way, what do you have coming and what color?

Scott

Hanzo
03-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Actually, I hate pain killers and it's a relatively minor surgery, so hopefully I won't take any and the anestisia will be worn off by then. As far as being able to pack it full and take pictures with only one arm in service...we'll see.

It's a Marpat Express with 2 matching long pockets. I can't wait!

ThePrepared_com
03-21-2006, 11:54 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Hanzo:
Actually, I hate pain killers and it's a relatively minor surgery, so hopefully I won't take any and the anestisia will be worn off by then. As far as being able to pack it full and take pictures with only one arm in service...we'll see.

It's a Marpat Express with 2 matching long pockets. I can't wait! </div></div>Honestly the only pain killer I've ever had was Vicodin for a broken tooth. It didnt do anything more than the Ibuprofen. Dont know what the deal is.

Anyway, sounds like you'll have a nice setup. I've been eyeballing the Express.

nut_sak_himself
03-21-2006, 01:00 PM
oh man, that is gonna look INSANE! can't wait to see it!

Woods Walker
03-21-2006, 01:14 PM
"It's a Marpat Express with 2 matching long pockets. I can't wait!"

You going to post some pics?

Hanzo
03-21-2006, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I'll definately be posting pics as soon as I'm able. Like I said, I'll be coming out of surgery that morning so I'm not sure how I'll be feeling.

Also, in the near future I'll see if I can't take it out and see if I can get some pictures of it being worn and in the bush. Those might take a little time though.

Hanzo
03-23-2006, 05:53 PM
Well...they SAID it was going to show up today.

Guess not.

I called a friend who is a manager for UPS and he said they have no record of the package but he's going to start an investigation.

I am no longer doing the happy dance.

ThePrepared_com
03-23-2006, 09:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Hanzo:
Well...they SAID it was going to show up today.

Guess not.

I called a friend who is a manager for UPS and he said they have no record of the package but he's going to start an investigation.

I am no longer doing the happy dance. </div></div>Somone at UPS is doing the happy dance while running around the warehouse with your pack /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I think they are doing the same with mine! They are no longer the boys in brown. They are the boys in Coyote Brown! /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

straps
03-24-2006, 02:06 AM
If you shipped it UPS Ground you won't likely have any success with tracking, especially if Kifaru cut and pasted the number into an e-mail to you. Something about the formatting that the cut/paste adds vs the specificity of the UPS web-tracking setup

Some companies I've dealt with in the past have e-mailed me a link from the UPS-provided software they use to arrange shipping in the first place. That's worked much better.

Dunno which situation you're in Hanzo but I know it blows either way.

Safe to say that the boys in brown aren't at the hub fingerbanging your gear. They're pretty serious about the whole integrity thing, even to the point of filing criminal complaints for "interfering with interstate commerce" or some such obscure but nonetheless heavy law on folks who abuse the trust.

doctorrich
03-24-2006, 02:11 AM
Just my $0.02? Ever since the UPS strike, they are not my favorite carrier. Anything shipped up to NH might as well take the Pony Express... it would get here faster.

Sorry about the parcel, hope they find it.

Hanzo
03-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Straps,

I didn't get a tracking number, my friend did a search with my name and address and didn't come up with anything. Like I said, he's looking into it. I doubt anyone took it, I'm just wondering where it is.

Aimless
03-24-2006, 07:31 AM
I had an AR15 lower that was sent back UPS to me after some warranty work. It showed up as being delivered, but I did not have it. I finally found out that the UPS driver came when apparently no one was at my office (lunch time??) then decided to go to the restaurant run by the brother of the guy who owns the building I rent office space in and leave my lower at the restaurant. I finally tracked it down a few days later, it had been tossed in the unlocked office in the bar area of the restaurant.

I try to limit internet purchases to stuff that I can have sent to my post office box now.

Hanzo
03-24-2006, 07:55 AM
Wow...good to know. I'll have to make some calls today. First step is getting the actual tracking number. My friend said he could probably do a lot more with that. Then, I find out what happened to it and start bustin' heads.

You don't mess with a man's gear.

mtnali
03-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Hanzo- This is Alisha with Kifaru Shipping. I tracked down your package. It is sitting in a warehouse waiting to be picked up. UPS says you should be getting a "post card" about picking it up today or monday. According to their records they tried to deliver it but could not find your name on a building directory. Please call me if you would like to pick it up today and I can give you all the info...

Hanzo
03-24-2006, 08:02 AM
Alisha,

I JUST emailed you. Great minds think alike. Yes, I would like to pick it up today. If you could please let me know via email what I need to do, I would appreciate it. If that's not possible, I'll give you a call during my lunch break.

Thank you for your help.

Steve

mtnali
03-24-2006, 08:05 AM
On another note... We try to do a "Quantum view notify" through the UPS system whenever we have a e-mail address available. Sorry yours seems to have gotten left out, Hanzo. We have been having trouble with UPS all week, especially with stuff heading east because of the snowstorm we got Sunday into Monday. Some of the ground stuff did not even leave the state. I am working on making sure it is in route now, but if you have a package that shipped on the 17th or the 20th, it may take an extra day. Sorry about this, I guess even UPS cannot help the weather!

Hanzo
03-24-2006, 08:08 AM
Alisha,

No worries. I was just a bit nervous about it. I work for an internet company and we deal with FedEx...trust me, they are no better.

Also, knowing the friend of mine who is a manager for them...well, lets just say that if HE is in charge over there, I'm amazed anything get delivered. ;-)

straps
03-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Quantum View... Yeah, that's it...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On another note... We try to do a "Quantum view notify" through the UPS system whenever we have a e-mail address available.</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, knowing the friend of mine who is a manager for them...well, lets just say that if HE is in charge over there, I'm amazed anything get delivered. ;-) </div></div>ROTFLMAO!!!

Hanzo
03-24-2006, 09:09 AM
Just called up the local office, looks like they had already been notified that I was going to be picking it up. (thank you Alisha) So, I should have it tonight.

In fact, I'm thinking about taking a long lunch break to go home and get it and also get my Vicodin. I need the money, but man, I really wanted to stay home today.