PDA

View Full Version : wallet

thewolverine
03-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Maybe a dumb post but every nylon/cordura wallet I buy usually tanks...any suggestions? Too low on the radar for kifaru? Just curious..

Aimless
03-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Spec Ops sells wallets, I think a couple of different styles. I don't know how well they hold up.

devonh
03-19-2006, 07:33 PM
I have the Junior model of the spec ops wallet and I love it. I used to have a leather wallet which I got from Sears or something, and it turned out to be ass. Then someone turned me on to the Spec Ops ones on the LF forums, and I haven't looked back since. They are very well made, and it has everything I need. A couple card slots, coin pocket, 2 ID slots, money pocket, and zippered pocket. What a beauty. I recommend you get one.

anthracitic
03-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Want a great wallet?

http://www.russellsformen.com/01personal01/wa-bi.html

Mel
03-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Another vote for the Spec Ops Brand wallets. They are awesome, and that's all I ever carry now. Perfection, as far as I'm concerned!

Mel

straps
03-20-2006, 03:52 AM
+1 for Spec Ops.

They have the THE Wallet which just fits in the 5.11 cargo pocket. The greatest utility of the full-size THE wallet was the ability to carry non-US currency and non-US credentials.

The THE Jr. (Junior) fits in the sleeve/chest pockets of the ACU, has all the features but doesn't allow you to carry quite as many credit or club cards.

Both models come with grommeted holes for dummy cording or stringing around your neck. The only weakness of this wallet is that after like 3 years of daily carry the clear plastic ID Card window has worn out. Fixed mine with some clear tape. Spec-Ops is fanatical about its warranty, so you could probably send a worn-out wallet in and get a new one (or professionally-repaired one) back.

Seahawk
03-20-2006, 08:34 AM
Another vote for SPEC-OPS THE Wallet. I prefer the smaller JR size. Mine has held up well over the last 2 or 3 years.

TheButcher
03-20-2006, 12:25 PM
another spec-ops vote here, had one for 3 years now and love it

bolt_308
03-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Here's a pic from their website:
http://www.specopsbrand.com/assets/product_images/thewallet_body.jpg

Can one of you guys who owns one of these wallets explain the "SHARK-BITE" closure? They claim no velcro, buckles, or snaps, and the picture is not too helpful.

TIA

ThePrepared_com
03-20-2006, 06:49 PM
I have the Spec Ops T.H.E. Wallet and absolutely love it. I like to keep my CCW permit in the outer ID pocket.

Seahawk
03-20-2006, 11:05 PM
Bolt_308, I'll give it a shot. The end of the wallet that mentions the "shark-bite" closure folds into a slot at the other end of the wallet. You open it by pulling on the little nylon loop tab that you can see above the outside ID pocket. I have never had mine come open accidentally. That little loop tab is the only part of my wallet that shows any wear what so ever, that and the brass eyelets have some of the black worn off.

jetfixr
03-21-2006, 11:21 PM
Yeah, get the Spec Ops wallet. The big size will carry a Passport. The window on mine developed a small hole after about 3 years, but it's been carried every day. You can also wrap it through a belt for display of a line badge. (Access creds).

rambler_wannabe
03-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Will the big size (comfortably) fit in the front pocket of a pair of jeans?

ThePrepared_com
03-22-2006, 10:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by rambler_wannabe:
Will the big size (comfortably) fit in the front pocket of a pair of jeans? </div></div>I just tried mine. Fits fine.

rambler_wannabe
03-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Thanks

jamesraykenney
03-24-2006, 02:12 PM
I Nth the recommendation of the Spec Ops Brand wallets... I have both sizes and found that the small one was just too small... The 'The Wallet' is perfect...
I carry both a green and red LED flashlight, plus a folding razor knife in the zipper pouch, along with a couple of dollars worth of quarters...
I usually keep my money in the 'little' zippered 'hidden' cash pocket... the main compartment is where I put receipts, hand wipes, disposable toothbrush thingies, tickets, mail(some, when removed from the envelope, will fit), etc...

Yes, I DO carry too much... You should see what I have in my pockets!!!(I actually have a tin with a REAL flint, steel, and char-cloth in my left front pants pocket... /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif )