PDA

View Full Version : Who is using a Kifaru pack as their EDC?

ThePrepared_com
03-13-2006, 07:22 AM
Who here uses a Kifaru pack for every day carry? Which pack are you using?

I'm currently using a Marauder but will be switching to the smaller Scout when it comes in.

Michael Aos
03-13-2006, 08:50 AM
I'm getting my Scout configured for day-hiking with the possibility of spending a night in the woods.

I usually toss it in Rover when I'm heading to the shooting-range. I've toyed with the idea of trying to keep it nearby all the time, but it's an expensive pack full of expensive stuff that took me a long time to acquire. I just don't feel comfortable leaving it my car.

Mike

03-13-2006, 09:12 AM
E&E everyday. Changing to my Scout though because I have it too overloaded.

Res.

militarymoron
03-13-2006, 10:18 AM
i rotate between the E&E, tailgunner 1, and marauder.

ThePrepared_com
03-13-2006, 11:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by Resistor:
E&amp;E everyday. Changing to my Scout though because I have it too overloaded.

Res. </div></div>That was my problem. The E&amp;E was packed completely full and it was hard to get anything. So I end up carrying my Marauder all over the place but its to big. I think the Scout will be a happy medium.

Michael, is there something that is preventing you from keeping your pack with you? I dont leave mine in the car. It comes with me everywhere.

Dan M
03-13-2006, 11:40 AM
I use my Scout with a MALICE Claymore as an EDC. I use my E&amp;E when I don't need to lug around my laptop. I had a conversation with Mel about EDC bags the other day. "Every Day Carry" needs are different for different people. I told him that even as a mobilized infantry officer, I spent more time in the office and in meetings than in the field or on the range. I need a bag that can do "double duty". Though not designed for this, the Scout and Tailgunner can fill this niche.

ThePrepared_com
03-13-2006, 11:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Every Day Carry" needs are different for different people.</div></div>I completely agree.

I think a smaller Marauder would be perfect because of the PALS inside and out it can be customized to each individuals needs. A full size Marauder is just to big to be a EDC.

fireballxl5
03-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Since it arrived I've been using my E &amp; E.

When necessary I L+D on a Long Pocket, on the back of it.

My book for the bus trip into work goes into the back section.

Compact, lightwieght and enough to get me through the (city/office) day/commute.

Olive Drab
03-13-2006, 03:44 PM
I saw my marauder sitting in my closet looking lonetly, so I made it my school bag. Works out good when I have to pull an 0830-2015 day and am carrying a ton of books

Sigo
03-14-2006, 02:43 AM
I've been using a Scout as an EDC since 2003. I tried other bags off and on but I always go back to the Scout. Like DanM I need a bag that is just as suited to the field as it is to garrison and the Scout fills this role well. It also does the job of a 1 day bag for trips around Europe and occasionally it fills the role of an overnight bag. Laptops, clothes, ammo, water, cameras, wet and or cold weather gear, books and paperwork... at one time or another my Scout has seen everything I have a need to carry.

danceswithhelicopters
03-14-2006, 03:35 AM
I EDC my black Marauder but run it without internal stays and waistbelt as it just goes from home to car to work carrying flying gear, food, paperwork etc.
This makes it a lot lighter and the design of Kifaru shows through in that it still carries well with plenty of comfort.
Cinch the straps down and it flattens down so I've never found it to be too big.

Lone Piper
03-16-2006, 03:22 PM
I use my Zulu for an EDC pack. With my books for class and PT gear, its the perfect size!