PDA

View Full Version : Ultralight Vs 420 Pull Outs

ThePrepared_com
03-13-2006, 07:13 AM
I have a set of the 420D pull outs that I really like. I just placed an order for a set of the Ultralight pullouts. How do you guys like the Ultralights? Do they hold up well?

Woods Walker
03-13-2006, 07:25 AM
I have a small one that holds my stove screws and wire loops etc. Seems fine after tons of hard core beating.

rambler_wannabe
03-13-2006, 11:54 AM
You can wear out the ultralights, but you have to work at it. Don't use the ultralights to pack hard parts next to hardparts or they will get pinched and punctured eventually, but as long as one side has soft stuff they are awesome.

murphquake
03-17-2006, 05:07 AM
Finally, ultralight pullouts on the mil side... anyone know what color? Assming brown?
-bill

ThePrepared_com
03-17-2006, 05:21 AM
I'm assuming they are brown because that is what the website shows.

Mel
03-17-2006, 07:35 AM
The ultralight PullOuts on the military side are brown. I've got a little tip about the PullOuts to pass on for those of you that haven't tried it yet. We make the PullOuts in 3 types of fabric (420d nylon, mesh, and ultralight). If you used one of each to separate your gear, it makes it very easy to find the one you're looking for just by feel, which comes in very handy in the dark, or when you have to dig into your ruck to find them.

Mel

fireballxl5
03-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Actually I recently ordered 2 sets of pullouts one messh, one 420d, I was contemplating emailing Janice and asking if I could in fact buy a mixed set, which is what I think I really want.

Would it be practical to actually sell mixed fabric sets?

Maybe in fixed combinations, but ideally in choose your own combinations.

ThePrepared_com
03-18-2006, 12:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by fireballxl5:
Actually I recently ordered 2 sets of pullouts one messh, one 420d, I was contemplating emailing Janice and asking if I could in fact buy a mixed set, which is what I think I really want.

Would it be practical to actually sell mixed fabric sets?

Maybe in fixed combinations, but ideally in choose your own combinations. </div></div>I was going to ask about doing the same thing but then I figured I would end up with all three sets anyways /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

imported_airsupport
03-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Mesh is the way to go!

Aimless
03-19-2006, 05:11 AM
How water resistant are the 420d pouches? I had a camelbak bladder start leaking all over two weeks ago (still not sure what happened) and soaked everything in the pouch section of the ambush I was using. I don't know carry anything that would be damaged (except a cel phone and I carry that in a little pelican case when I have it in the woods) but if they would stand up to some significant moisture, like from falling in a stream, I might rather use the heavier pull outs.

Mel
03-19-2006, 10:42 PM
The 420d and ultralight PullOuts are water resistant only. They use a zipper, and the seams aren't taped, so you can't expect total waterproofness.

Mel

Bullet
03-21-2006, 04:52 AM
I have both the mesh and ultras, for stuffing stuff the mesh fells easier to things in it. the ultra is great. you can see in it a little to tell what you got. and they both are bullet proof.