PDA

View Full Version : 'other' companies

tree_entz
03-10-2006, 04:49 AM
Can anyone tell me what is really different about Maxpedition and SpecOps? I see a lot of there packs that look nearly identical. For that matter, i've seen what look like knock-offs of their gear for half the price. Are they actually making the stuff or just putting their label on it?

For the record, if I buy another pack, it will be Kifaru again, but I check out all the links and gear others post about and I just get curious.

panzertroop
03-10-2006, 04:51 AM
I am not sure what you mean about looking alike. SpecOps brand and Maxpedition have two totally different looking pack lines. Spec Ops is made in the US, while Maxpedition is made overseas. The both make quality grade packs but nothing compared to Kifaru.

tree_entz
03-10-2006, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the info.
I think the T.H.E. pack looks quite a bit like the maxpedition packs. Furthermore, i have seen a lot of generic packs that look pretty darn close to this one. Is it a 'classic' design?

eggroll
03-10-2006, 07:31 AM
SOB was around before MaxP came out

one could mention how close MaxP looks to EAGLE, LOWE Alpine and camelbak just as well.

imported_Scott Cunningham
03-10-2006, 07:32 PM
MaxP is high end consumer gear. Its isn't as tough as Kifaru stuff, but I have a lot of their ingenious little pouches. they make good stuff. The Rollypolly dump puch and Fatboy are two of my favorites. They make a superb radio pouch as well.