PDA

View Full Version : Anyone take delivery of a ZXR yet?

Olive Drab
03-08-2006, 06:18 PM
or are they still being built. Been thinking about ordering one but not sure when.

03-08-2006, 07:12 PM
/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Res.

TimW
03-09-2006, 06:49 AM
If the past is any guideline...I ordered my Zulu shortly after they first were introduced. It took about 8 weeks or so to get.

Olive Drab
03-20-2006, 08:15 AM
the wait for the zxr begins today...

03-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Ordered on Feb. 6, hopefully in a couple weeks or so!!

Res.

Sigo
03-24-2006, 03:24 AM
I emailed Janice either last week or the week before to change mine from OD to ACU and she told me they just started cutting so a change was no problem. The estimation for ACU was still 4 to 6 weeks.

33S3 Lt
03-25-2006, 01:06 AM
Talked to them yesterday and they said that no customer orders have been shipped yet and that they will most likely be taking the full 8 weeks.

rasmataz
03-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Ordered one on Feb. 22nd. ETA is Mid April.

fireballxl5
03-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Same for me.

I ordered an MC Navigator on about Feb 18 and am looking at a mid April completion.

MATCHGRADE
04-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Somthin' is coming to me on the 12th. It weighs in at 9 shipping lbs. It could be my 4man tipi and stove pipe, or ZXR, XTL, long pockets, and stash-it. I doubt its both due to the weight. Im hoping though. Any one at the plant in Colorado know?

fireballxl5
04-10-2006, 06:17 AM
When did you order Matchgrade?

perrydog
04-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Matchgrade....
I am curious on how do you know that something is coming on the 12th....did you get an email with confirmation #'s for UPS or is it insider info?

I ordered an express three weeks ago that I am trying to forget about so I won't be so anxious(maybe you shouldn't answer my question, it might be better for my mental health!!)

-phil

Gizzmo
04-10-2006, 09:06 AM
CB Scout ordered 2/2. Still waiting.

ThePrepared_com
04-10-2006, 10:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by perrydog:
Matchgrade....
I am curious on how do you know that something is coming on the 12th....did you get an email with confirmation #'s for UPS or is it insider info?

I ordered an express three weeks ago that I am trying to forget about so I won't be so anxious(maybe you shouldn't answer my question, it might be better for my mental health!!)

-phil </div></div>Talking to Amanda it sounds like they have a lot of priority military orders that need to be processed. I'm all for the soldiers getting their stuff first!

Just give them a call and they will put a note on the order to sending tracking info when it goes out. perrydog, I can almost garantee that you have at least another 3 to go. I ordered a Scout at the beginning of Feb and am dying to get it. Waiting is half the fun! /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

MATCHGRADE
04-11-2006, 12:47 AM
Perrydog-
It was a UPS email notification.

I did call earlier today and Amanda ( I think )
told me it was the tipi.
Kifaru customer service is great.

Gany
04-20-2006, 10:26 PM
Mac679 posted photos in the Lightfighter stud board:
I know where to hide the bodies now ( initial ZXR review ) PIC HEAVY (http://lightfighter.net/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/9046084761/m/6841003032)

Thommo
04-21-2006, 11:03 PM
Just checked out the ZXR pics posted on the above site. Very Impressed with the pack just a little confused with the tan buckles on a OD pack. From what I have read on this site there are two buckle colours available (tan/black)however unless my screen is playing up I am sure I have seen three colours of hardware used on various Kifaru packs tan, black and green.
I am almost certain that I will be ordering a ZXR (multicam) and accessories later this year and would like to find out exactly what webbing colour and buckles will be fitted. (nothing a bit of paint wont fix) I'm interested to know exactly what colour webbing and hardware are used with what packs/colours. I assume (which we all know can be dangerous) that many of the example pics on the kifaru homepage use contrasting colours for display purposes?

Gany
04-22-2006, 12:21 AM
Thommo, there were a couple of links to this forum explaining the colours:

Here (http://forums.kifaru.net/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001306)

"Hey guys, the tan hardware is supplied on everything except black and ACU gear. The black gear will have black hardware, and the ACU gear will have foliage green hardware. I personally think the tan hardware looks better on the OD gear than foliage green, but you could request foliage green hardware on OD as a special order. It's best to contact Janice direct for those types of requests."

As Mac says, a special order can take a long time to process, dpending on work load, which for the last few months has been high.

This here thread offers some more discussion from Mel
And here (http://forums.kifaru.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001030)

Im glad I picked up on this now as I just ordered a new belt and need to request the hardware is black to match the pack i have now and not tan. I personally dont like tan hardware on OD, but i guess its personal preference. Prefer black or foliage on OD. Tan on multicam is gtg.