PDA

View Full Version : Which reservoir for Marauder?

kgb1024
03-06-2006, 10:48 AM
I ordered a CB Marauder in the beginning of Feb. and this Sat. will be 4 weeks, I am getting very excited. I have a question though, which reservoir fits the best out of the camelbak water beast 100oz. and the water beast 102oz. The 102 is kind of short and fat and the 100 is tall and skinny. They are on the military side of camelbak's website. I just curious if anyone can give me some input. I want to order the res's now so they are here when the bag gets here. The problem is I've never seen one of these in person. Please help. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

VMIMAX
03-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Dude, Your best bet is to get a nalgene resevoir, and just wrap the tube with tape, or take the neoprene off an old tube. I find the nalgene ones easier to clean and more durable, and dont underestimate the bite me valve, or the one way valve from the tube to the bag. take the tube off of extra bags and store them side by side with the one youre drinking out of, when its empty, just switch tubes.

"There is another evil that we must fear most. . .the indifference of good men."

ThePrepared_com
03-06-2006, 01:16 PM
The 100oz Camelbak fits perfect. I do plan on trying one of the Nalgene or Platypus bladders though.

kgb1024
03-06-2006, 02:24 PM
It seems to me they would take up to much space. Their is a pocket for the res. and it forms to the pack. I would rather be more effecient and use the space provided rather than add more external space.

footrat
03-06-2006, 02:46 PM
I use a CB CBRN bladder in mine. It's not the 4.0, and not the 2.0, but an in-between model with the 4.0 locks and stuff on a 2.0-type black bladder. I had the CB rep at SHOT verify this. I believe that it's a 100 oz. bladder, but whatever it is, it works great in the Marauder, and fits in the main compartment of an E&E as well, very snugly.