PDA

View Full Version : Warpaint???

rasmataz
03-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Hey guys,
Have on order a brand new ZXR...can't wait to get it. But I need to "warpaint" it for a beach/sand dune environment...very little grass most.
Any suggestions would be GREAT...like what types of paint, how to pattern, ect.
Thanks!

imported_airsupport
03-03-2006, 12:52 PM
I would think that multicam would work pretty well in the environment you describe, do you have any problems with uniformity?

G_MAN
03-03-2006, 12:58 PM
did you order OD or CB? alot easier if you have a CB one coming.
either way, krylon makes flat praypaint in kakhi and brown. i wouldn't worry to much about patterns just hit it all over with kakhi and then here and there with a little brown to break it up. practice on an old seabag or something. Kifaru has a painted one on there site, check it out for ideas. and remember paint will wear off with use and time so don't worry it's not permanent. post pics when you're done.

rasmataz
03-06-2006, 04:59 PM
Hey thanks a bunch for the tips. I wasn't sure if the paint would wash/wear off (eventually) and didn't want to totally screw up my BRAND new ZXR.---it's in CB
I was thinking that I also have a back pouch in CB and I could try to paint that first? So I guess what you guys are saying to "break-up" the pals and side outline of the pack. Will post the back pouch in a few weekends after I back at my garage.
Thanks again, and any other ideas--share 'um.

Nathan C
03-06-2006, 05:28 PM
I just let the pockets do the camoflaging. That way you don't gotta mess with the pack.

MATCHGRADE
03-06-2006, 11:55 PM
I saw an old post where a guy bought a marauder that had been over spray painted. He power washed it and it looked like new from the pictures he posted. I haven't tried this though so Im not endorsing it.

seb5
03-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Spray painting won't hurt a thing. I put my multicam cap on a shelf, studied it for about 30 seconds, and about 10 minutes later had a damned close copy of multicam all over a $2000.00 rifle. Make it yours, make your equipment work for you.