PDA

View Full Version : Attaching Pockets to a Marauder

DeanJ
02-25-2006, 11:54 AM
If I buy a Marauder will I be able to attach two Top Loading Long Pockets to the front? If so, would I be able to attach them inside to the back panel? I attached my two long pockets to the back of my Pointman, and it looks doubtful that they would lay flat.

pathfinder74
02-25-2006, 04:19 PM
Why not put them on the sides?

Looks kind of tight on a Pointman...
http://www.kifaru.net/images/LPTS2.jpg

BrooklynBen
02-25-2006, 05:22 PM
DeanJ- That's the beauty of the system, both ways can be correct! If you're busting through brush you may want to mount them on the back for a narrow profile. Meanwhile, if hopping over rocks, you may want them side mounted so that they're closer to your center-of-gravity. And don't forget about upper and lower mounting depending on whether your hiking uphill or downhill. ENJOY- and good luck!

DeanJ
02-25-2006, 10:19 PM
I like the Pointman and E&E when I fly because I can squeeze them as a carryon...most of the time. In Hong Kong I got caught by the carryon cage of death (if it doesn't fit, it must be checked. I think it was in Austria that my rig failed to fit under a bar set up over the x-ray machine conveyor belt (to evaluate bag size). So, I was thinking it would be nice to have a Marauder, attach the pouches inside, and not get any grief using it as a carryon. Then when I get to my destination, move the pouches (dock and lock take seconds) to the outside and have the inside then for food, ammunition, and other stuff.

Which leads to my original question of whether the pouches will fit comfortably that way. Does any one own these three pieces that can tell me?

ThePrepared_com
02-25-2006, 10:43 PM
If they are on the inside do they really need to dock or can they just sit in there? I have a top and side load that I'll go try and get some pics for you.

ThePrepared_com
02-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Alright, I didnt want to pull off my lock n loads on the inside flap so I just loaded up the long pockets and stuck them in the pack. I see no need to dock them inside the pack as they aren't going anywhere. Here is a picture looking down into the pack with both long pockets in there.

http://www.theprepared.com/images/gear/kifaru/longpockets/DSC06007.JPG

Hope that helps

I'm off to put all my wife's kitchen towels back before she finds out I used them to fill the long pockets. /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

DeanJ
02-26-2006, 02:24 AM
Thanks for your help.

I know I must be a Kifaru junkie, because, seeing thouse pouches shoved in a pack, just makes my hear sing.

ThePrepared_com
02-26-2006, 07:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by DeanJ:
Thanks for your help.

I know I must be a Kifaru junkie, because, seeing thouse pouches shoved in a pack, just makes my hear sing. </div></div>No problem. Let me know if you need any other pictures. Its hard making a decision unless you can actually see exactly what you want.