PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Cups?

ZS Gunny
02-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Guys,

Pardon my ignorance, but could I get a recommendation on a titanium cup as seen in the picture below (provided it loads).

I'm looking for a cup that will fit over the end of a nalgene 32oz widemouth bottle. My googlefu has failed me so I'm asking you guys. Thanks in advance.

http://www.kifaru.net/images/nalgwcup2.jpg

Mel
02-21-2006, 10:37 AM
ZS, you want a Sno Peak Ti 700 cup. That's what I have, and the Nalgene nestles right in it, and they both fit in our Liter Pouch Plus.

Mel

ZS Gunny
02-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Mel,

Thanks a bunch fella.

danceswithhelicopters
02-21-2006, 11:40 AM
A heads up for a nice combo which fits in a Litre plus pouch-The above mentioned Snowpeak 700 Ti cup and the s/steel MSR version about 600ml in size. One on top and one on the bottom-perfect fit. It'll even take a spork!
I got the MSR one from Practical Tactical LLC and the Snowpeak mug from ebay.

ZS Gunny
02-21-2006, 11:43 AM
That sounds like a cool idea, but how much noise does it make while hiking?

footrat
02-21-2006, 12:20 PM
More importantly, what are the average prices on these doohickeys?

militarymoron
02-21-2006, 12:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by ZS Gunny:
That sounds like a cool idea, but how much noise does it make while hiking? </div></div>probably none unless you trip and start rolling head over heels down the hill :p

ZS Gunny
02-21-2006, 01:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by militarymoron:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by ZS Gunny:
That sounds like a cool idea, but how much noise does it make while hiking? </div></div>probably none unless you trip and start rolling head over heels down the hill :p </div></div>Lol in that case I'll check the box marked, "Some"

fireballxl5
02-21-2006, 01:55 PM
You may also like to consider the Vargo Ti-Lite cup.
Capacity 750ml which is in the region of canteen cup sized, if not bigger.

I don;t have one yet, but it's what I'm going to have.
Comes with a lid/strainer too.

http://www.vargooutdoors.com/
http://vargooutdoors.safeshopper.com/181/1462.htm?864

TimW
02-21-2006, 07:59 PM
As Dances With Helocopters indicated, we carry the MSR stainless steel Nalgene cup...no titanium. If you're shaving ounces, that's the way to go ("take care of the ounces and the pounds will take care of themselves").

Gizzmo
02-22-2006, 04:19 AM
Not Ti
You can get a stainless steel from Campmor for about $6.00
They go about 4 ozs in weight

ThePrepared_com
02-22-2006, 04:22 AM
I also use the stainless cup from MSR. Works great on the Esbit stove.

Gizzmo
02-22-2006, 05:38 AM
And a Snow Peak Ti Mini Solo will give you 2 cups that will go on the bottom of a Nalgene Bottle.

ZS Gunny
02-22-2006, 10:53 AM
I'm not enamored by ounces (hell I'm slinging an EMR) but I am impressed with Snowpeak's products.

danceswithhelicopters
02-22-2006, 11:13 AM
I like both cups and the advantage of the 2 different types in they both fit top and bottom with no overlap.
One for Tea, and one for scoff!
As for noise-nil-the padding on the inside of a Litre plus pouch takes care of that.
Ti is expensive but has the cool factor.
I guess its a guy/engineering/tech thing..

DiabloDawg
02-22-2006, 02:16 PM
The titanium one is pretty light and cool, but you had better drink your coffee fast, or else it's cold.

AbnMedOps
02-22-2006, 06:32 PM
I have the Snow Peak, and like it. My first choice had been to "buy American" and get an MSR tea pot or cup, but something has happened with MSR's marketing. It seems that NO outdoor stores, REI, chains or independents, carry any inventory of MSR Titanium stuff anymore for customers to actually examine and fondle. And MSR no longer has a public factory store at their headquarters in Seattle. They weren't interested in my feedback; all inquiries are directed to "order online". Well, thanks, but I want to play with stuff like that first..so, I bought a Snow Peak.

Hate to say it, but you can have the best product in the world, but without marketing and salesmanship you are dead in the water.

medic16
02-22-2006, 06:53 PM
I also have the snow peak 700 and found it works great. I also have the titanium spork from snow peak. Most of thier products seem pretty good.

rambler_wannabe
02-22-2006, 07:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by AbnMedOps:

Hate to say it, but you can have the best product in the world, but without marketing and salesmanship you are dead in the water. </div></div>Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door. But they won't beat down your door to buy it.