PDA

View Full Version : MIL Sleeping Bag Ratings

GIFFMANN
03-06-2006, 05:06 AM
Looking for the temp ratings and such for the intermediate green MIL bags. Need to buy a new bag this week and I'm down to either that bag or a Carinthia.
Any info is appreciated
Giff

DiabloDawg
03-06-2006, 07:33 AM
30 to 50 F Patrol Sleeping Bag
30 to -10 F Intermediate Cold Weather Sleeping Bag

From BrigadeQuartermasters.com
I can attest, it is a really warm bag.

GIFFMANN
03-06-2006, 07:40 AM
Thanks! Did not think about looking at the BAM site. I have a old MIL bag that must be 25 years old so it's time to replace it with something.

JasonB
03-06-2006, 05:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by GIFFMANN:
Looking for the temp ratings and such for the intermediate green MIL bags.
</div></div>With the modular bag set up the intermediate bag is black nylon and the patrol bag is green. If you are used to using the green cotton duck intermediate bag you will love a black intermediate /images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Woods Walker
03-06-2006, 05:44 PM
I use the green MSS bag often. Packs down small. Have been in 40-45 range and been just fine. For a late spring/summer/early fall bag it is good. Makes a nice over bag too. Now if you are talking about the old one it is good to about 30. but man it is a beast to carry. Not super bad like my old extreme cold weather bag but still bad news.

murphquake
03-17-2006, 06:15 AM
Wiggy's made Ecotat lightweight and extreme bags from the USMC modular poncho shebang = flipping awesome! I use the heavyweight bag as my blankie in an unheated basement I sleep in during NYC's lovely mild winters. I've taken the lightweight to work and slept on my ambulance stretcher like there was no tomorrow... only to get woken up for a call 20 mins later
-bill