PDA

View Full Version : Southeast Rondy

conner
02-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey Guys, Will there ever be a S.E. rondy held, how about North GA. @ THE SOUTHERN TERMINUS OF THE A.T. OR MAYBE THE SMOKEY MTNS. ANYONE INTERESTED.THANKS CONNER

Sieger12
02-07-2008, 10:41 PM
I would be very interested in a SE Rondy. Several great potential sites in the GA portion of the Chattahoocee National Forest as well.

charles
02-09-2008, 08:04 PM
I would try to make it. Pretty booked up this year but with enough advance planning it might be possible. I am in south Al. so Ga. would be ok.

Aaron
03-11-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm in, and I'm sure I've got two friends who would come as well.

But why the terminus? Springer is, IMO, not the best camp site in Georgia... Personally, I prefer the camp site just slightly north of long creek falls on the BMT. A bit more remote, a nice stream... wood that's virtually impossible to get to light... what's not to love?

I propose that we start at Springer and hike to the aforementioned site. Not a hard hike at all, and a pretty one at that.

Philos
03-15-2008, 06:13 PM
I would be interested as well-I had a thread months ago about this but never got off ground. I am in upstate South Carolina. Count me in!

philos

Aaron
03-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Well, now through may is a great time to be hiking in our little part of the world, and especially in the north Ga. area... Not too hot, a bit chilly at night, and generally good weather.

There's a multitude of hikes available on the Ga. portion of the AT - from fairly easy to downright ball-breaking.

What do you think would be a good distance? I'm thinking we'd be looking at a Sat-Sun deal, so probably not more than 6 miles a day... that makes it nice and relaxed for all involved. (That also means we could potentially park at springer mountain, hike about 6 miles in, then the same distance back out the next day.)

conner
03-17-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm-in,Except-for-the-end-of-may-(son's-Graduation).
North-Ga.-or-The-Smokies-will-be-great.
Sorry-for-the-dash's,my-space-key-is-inop.=Thanks-Conner

Aaron
03-18-2008, 01:38 AM
How about the second weekend in April? (11-13) ?

I know the AT and BMT in Georgia pretty darn well, and Springer is a pretty well-known spot.

Of course, the smokies would be cool too.