PDA

View Full Version : NW Rondy Site Confirmed

evanhill
01-17-2008, 11:27 AM
General vicinity is Trout Lake, WA (on the slopes of Mt. Adams). As a reminder, dates are Feb 1-3.

If you want to go and haven't PMd or emailed me to get on the email list for specific directions and info, please do.

Also, there is the possibility of joining carpools from Seattle and Portland metro areas. If you're interested in either of those possibilities, let me know.

SuperBadger
01-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Sounds like a good plan to me. I'm in Portland and would definitely be up for carpooling. I don't know if the Ford Windstar would make it into snow territory very well though...

evanhill
01-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Just sent directions via email. If you haven't gotten it and expected one, check your spam filter...

OR_Wildfire
01-26-2008, 07:19 PM
For any of the central or easter Oregon folks the highway 97 bridge across the Columbia is closed for repairs. Doubt anyone is coming that way but thought I would through that out anyway.

kgk

SuperBadger
01-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Looks like it's snowing this week in the vicinity of Trout Lake. Should be good!

idaho lad
01-28-2008, 06:41 PM
I've just went thru the Columbia Gorge en route from Eugene to N. Idaho and there was substantial snowfall from Multunamah to Idaho. Even the Tri-Cities region had 9-10 inches of snow. Spokane got up to 18" on the South Hill.

Serious snow all the way around in the NW.

Jason
01-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Thought I'd give everyone a heads-up. My wife came down with a cold (flu?) a couple days ago, and I just woke up with it today. If her condition is any indicator of what I'm in for, it'll be a bad ride. Camping in the cold this Friday is looking less and less likely at this point. I'll let y'all know by the end of the week.

snakey2
01-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Idaho Lad glad you made it home okay! Sunday weather went to hell here so you got out just in time or you would have fought snow all the way from Eugene. Couldn't even have gotten to the shooting grounds on Sunday! Thanks again for the experience. Everyone have a great time at the Rondi but drive safe!!

Randy
01-30-2008, 07:41 AM
Most likely I will not make it to the Rondy. As IL can attest, NE WA and Northerd ID are getting pummelled with heavy snow. I've spent over 16 hours since Saturday, just plowing the drive and parking around the house. All the schools are closed the for 3rd straight day, 32" of snow on the ground now and expecting the next wave of 13" with possibility of more by Sunday. I love snow and winter, but this is getting tiresome. I'll be spending the weekend...plowing snow...again.

You all have a blast, post lots of good pics and be careful on the roads.

Randy

OR_Wildfire
01-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Depending on how things look I might head up Thursday afternoon and try and make it halfway or better, otherwise it could be a long haul klamath falls in one day with the snow.

kgk

evanhill
01-30-2008, 10:04 AM
Yep, we're definately not going to be lacking in snow. We're getting pounded here too (got to ski out in the desert on monday -- pretty rare!). Sorry to hear about those who can't come. Everybody else, drive safely!

idaho lad
01-30-2008, 04:32 PM
I really want to make this one. IF the roads are open it's a go, but it's looking pretty bad as we are susposed to get up to 2 feet of snow tonight.

Jason
01-31-2008, 09:10 AM
Just heard on the radio that I84 is closed between Baker and Pendleton due to weather.

snakey2
01-31-2008, 09:26 AM
Darn global warming. Somewhere it is probably way hotter than normal. Good luck guys and drive safe. Don't want you all missing the summer rondi!

idaho lad
01-31-2008, 02:31 PM
Too many road closures to go and the roads are crap. Gotta stay home and shovel off the roof.

I can barely get out of the driveway.

evanhill
01-31-2008, 02:42 PM
I figured it would turn out that way for you, IL. We're getting snowed on pretty good here, but nothing unmanageable.

Those of you on the email thread, I just sent out a location specific conditions update.

idaho lad
01-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Big bummer as I was looking forward to this and really had all my gear ready to go.

Bushcraft
01-31-2008, 04:11 PM
Better have a snow shovel on your gear list!

SuperBadger
01-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Snow shovel is a go, also putting the finishing touches on some home made snow stakes and a parastove platform.

Randy
02-01-2008, 06:35 AM
IL,

We shoveled the roof here on Wednesday. 32" of frickin' snow! Got another 5" yesterday and it's snowing again. Now just short of 36" in the yard. I may put up the para-tipi this weekend and give it a winter shakedown in the yard. I hear ya on the driveway. I started with an 18' wide drive, now down to 8' and the berm is easily 4' high on each side.

Once again, you guys have a fun time, give us the gear reports, updates, some homemade pulk pics would be awesome and be safe in your travels. We'll see you in the spring/summer when the NE WA/N ID iceage recedes:)

idaho lad
02-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Got about 4' of snow and the roof is shoveled twice.

I went to my old house in Mullan and you simply can hardly see houses. Some place look like they got 12' ft of snow and there are literally tunnel going into the houses.

Unfreaking believable.